Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

backpack instead of bags

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:20 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

It might be a problem if you start seeing penises everywhere, you might want to talk to your doc about that

Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
What's with all the ***** shaped veggies??

Old 10-29-2014, 01:56 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by izhd
It might be a problem if you start seeing penises everywhere, you might want to talk to your doc about that

LMAO

Old 10-30-2014, 12:11 AM
Swizzlestick
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like stuff tied to my back because it gets hot. But I also don't want saddlebags on my FatBob. So I went with http://www.bikersfriend.com. It holds a good load and provides a little back rest for my 42 year old lower back. Love it.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:20 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts

I have ridden with backpacks for years. I have tried a lot and have always worn them out in a little over a year or so. I stopped buying regular backpacks and started getting military spec bags and they have been the best. The one I have right now is the blackhawk three day bag. It has lasted me now for three years and doesn't have any wear yet. Oh and I still have saddlebags.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have detachable bags, on and off in a minute. I cannot ride with a backpack to be honest, it's like carrying a baby. Not me
Try roll bag and sissy bar bag, they both function depends on how much you want to carry.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:11 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Someone here some time ago posted abut a back pack at walmart for motorcycles. Well I found one and it is really a cool and less costly.
It says water resistant but it is more like water prof from my experience. just slips over the back rest or use it as a back pack.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fieldline-...Black/23591041

Old 10-30-2014, 08:58 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Before I purchased my tail bags I used a motorcycle designed backpack that had a outer pouch with a cinch straps to carry a helmet. I've worn it for hundreds of miles, when loaded up the weight rested and the passenger pillion and hardly noticed I was even wearing it. It had decent shoulder straps and a waist belt to help keep it secure. It was similar to the one pictured

Old 10-30-2014, 09:47 PM
AliensilverFXDBI
Road Captain
Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

One 2 person tent. A lawn chair, 2 full sets of clothes(jeans, socks, drawers, t shirts) tennis shoes, sleeping bag, chaps, jacket, soap, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste. Phone and phone charger. ALL on my med height quick detach sissy bar.

Oh yeah inside a basic under armour back pack. Took this setup 450 miles in about 7 hours. VERY comfortable and not a saddlebag in sight!

Attached Thumbnails backpack instead of bags-kimg0032.jpg  
Old 10-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 733 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by AliensilverFXDBI
One 2 person tent. A lawn chair, 2 full sets of clothes(jeans, socks, drawers, t shirts) tennis shoes, sleeping bag, chaps, jacket, soap, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste. Phone and phone charger. ALL on my med height quick detach sissy bar.

Oh yeah inside a basic under armour back pack. Took this setup 450 miles in about 7 hours. VERY comfortable and not a saddlebag in sight!
I'd put a mannequin head with a wig in the jacket, then you could always park it in a handicap spot.

Old 10-30-2014, 10:43 PM
AliensilverFXDBI
Road Captain
Received 242 Likes on 114 Posts

It was pretty funny looking but provided a great backrest. I got caught in a rain storm coming home. It was about 97° out so I just rode through it. I got soaked but the jacket kept my pack dry.

Quick Reply: backpack instead of bags