Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth buying?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 12:37 PM
MakDragon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth buying?

There is a local car dealer that has a 2012 Dyna Wide Glide they got in a trade for a car. The bike has 4,600 miles on it and appears to be in great shape. The owner put Rinehart short pipes on it that sound great and a Screamin' Eagle intake on it.
They have offered to sell it to me for $9000.
I have never had a Harley as I am a new rider of about 6 years and I drove this bike on the weekend and it is AWESOME!
Question: In all of your experienced opinions, is this a good deal?
Also it needs a front tire and could possibly stand getting a new rear although not immediate. I have no idea why a front tire would be so worn with only 4600 miles.
Thank you all for your comments.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:43 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Pretty fair deal but not real great. Tires are gonna run about 450 + labor for the installation.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:48 PM
MakDragon
6th Gear

Thank you sir!

Old 10-28-2014, 12:54 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

KBb staes a 2012 WG in excellent condition to be worth 12,000$ retail. another 1000$ for ABS/alarm ;

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/harle...edretailvalue/

Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Vaquero.45
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MakDragon
There is a local car dealer that has a 2012 Dyna Wide Glide they got in a trade for a car. The bike has 4,600 miles on it and appears to be in great shape. The owner put Rinehart short pipes on it that sound great and a Screamin' Eagle intake on it.
They have offered to sell it to me for $9000.
I have never had a Harley as I am a new rider of about 6 years and I drove this bike on the weekend and it is AWESOME!
Question: In all of your experienced opinions, is this a good deal?
Also it needs a front tire and could possibly stand getting a new rear although not immediate. I have no idea why a front tire would be so worn with only 4600 miles.
Thank you all for your comments.
Sounds like a good price, but something's fishy. You're right, even the crappy Dunlop OEM front tire should go 10K (is it a Dunlop on there?). Maybe the miles are incorrect?? Maybe the previous owner swapped front wheels?? None of these things are likely, but something's not right.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:29 PM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 557 Likes on 308 Posts

I would not buy a used Harley from a used car lot. They may have bought it at action and are lying to you about taking it in on trade.
If your going to buy used, go to the Harley dealer and buy new. You'll pay more but not be looking over your shoulder to see if something is wrong!

Old 10-28-2014, 02:03 PM
mister o
Novice
Default don't panic

you rode it and thought it was an excellent ride. do you have a friend who's an experienced rider who could take a look at it? those narrow front tires don't get the same mileage as their wider cousins and if they were even modestly underinflated, 4,600 mi might have been a gift. surpised the rears held up so well if ridden hard. at $9k, it sounds like a decent deal. none of us have seen or ridden the bike so you know more about than we do. it's easy to coach from the couch.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:56 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

my stock tires needed to be replaced around 5k..... id say thats a great deal....give a **** if its at a car dealership or not....

Old 10-28-2014, 02:58 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
I would not buy a used Harley from a used car lot. They may have bought it at action and are lying to you about taking it in on trade.
If your going to buy used, go to the Harley dealer and buy new. You'll pay more but not be looking over your shoulder to see if something is wrong!
what in the H is that line in red supposed to mean????

Old 10-28-2014, 03:09 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a good deal and I believe it was a trade in. Most auto dealers wouldn't mess with buying a bike at an auction and then put it on a car lot.

If a dealer sells it then they are required to sell it with good tires. Have them replace the tires at the harley dealer for the same price and ride it home.

Quick Reply: Is it worth buying?