Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laid her down today :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 07:14 PM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Progressive paid off promptly with a fair settlement when my son high-sided a tight curve on his 2004 Low Rider...paid him for towing, his new vest and gloves as well as $4900+ for the damage to his ride...and an agreement in writing to cover any more hidden damage we might find once we get it back on the road. I am really impressed...so far, we have collected all the necessary parts and then some and are in the process of rebuilding it now, just waiting for the new tank and tins to get back from the paint shop...

I have been with State Farm for over 40 years on our home and all of our vehicles, and while I am not a huge fan of State Farm, I have been with them so long that no other insurance company can beat their costs right now...not even USAA...

Oh, and BTW, a $300 engine guard would probably have saved you $1000 or more n damage...just say'n...

Old 10-30-2014, 07:29 PM
FXDLover
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I know it always could have been worse. So far Progressive has been great to deal with. The bike was picked up today by my local dealership for a full inspection and then the adjuster will look at it on Tuesday. I will probably have them take care of the paint and handlebars/switches/lever and handle the rest myself. I can save some money on labor and upgrade some of the damaged parts, making it even better than before the accident. Like te adjuster told me, making lemons into lemonade!

Old 11-08-2014, 01:59 AM
FXDLover
6th Gear
Unhappy Update: Good news/bad news

So I got some bad news on Wednesday. I guess the highway peg took the brunt of the impact and put a small crack in the frame where it mounted. That means the bike is a total loss.

Onto the good news, Progressive has been an absolute pleasure to work with! They expedited the whole process quickly and my claims adjuster was very thorough and had some great suggestions along the way. It took exactly one week from accident to payout, and they actually gave me what I thought the bike was worth without a fight. With the deal I got on the bike, its condition, and the extra parts I put on it I actually made a couple grand!

Old 11-08-2014, 06:46 AM
jruch87
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar situation with progressive, Foot peg took most of the damage from the crash, no visible damage to the frame except a small area that was ground down where the peg mounts. Progressive totaled the bike, and their payout was about $100 more than I paid for the bike and all accesories. Very good to deal with and I was able to go from a sporty to dyna. Glad you made out well.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:49 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,260 Likes on 11,132 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDLover
So I got some bad news on Wednesday. I guess the highway peg took the brunt of the impact and put a small crack in the frame where it mounted. That means the bike is a total loss.

Onto the good news, Progressive has been an absolute pleasure to work with! They expedited the whole process quickly and my claims adjuster was very thorough and had some great suggestions along the way. It took exactly one week from accident to payout, and they actually gave me what I thought the bike was worth without a fight. With the deal I got on the bike, its condition, and the extra parts I put on it I actually made a couple grand!
Wow, we should all be so lucky. Crash your bike and make money.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Camptom
3rd Gear

Glad to hear nobody was hurt. Good luck with the repairs.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Let's recap.

1) Harley was first bike except for a friend's dirt he used to ride.
2) Bought a Harley rather than learning on a small throwaway bike.
3) First order of business after purchasing said bike was to remove the engine guards.
4) Dropped bike in less than a year.
5) Said bike was totaled for damage engine guards would have prevented.

Who could have seen this coming?

I'm glad you are not hurt.

But, this is why when everyone asks about getting a Harley as a first bike I recommend they don't!
Hard to escape probabilities and statistics.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

I laid her down too. I hope my wife doesn't find out.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Ricketts
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, sorry to hear man. Glad you're ok.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:56 AM
AmmO224
Advanced
Default I saw what you did there..

Originally Posted by Newharleylover
I laid her down too. I hope my wife doesn't find out.
Haha!

Quick Reply: Laid her down today :(