Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laid her down today :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 01:04 AM
FXDLover
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laid her down today :(

Making a right turn, some punk teens on skateboards decided to cut into the street about 15 ft from the crosswalk on the street I was turning onto. I almost hit 2 of them but tapped the front brake and washed out on some gravel. I was down before I even realized but was able to clear the bike so I just ended up with a scraped up forearm and not a crushed leg. I was so pissed I jumped up and cussed the kids out, would've chased 'em down but didn't want to leave the bike there in the street. She was damn near cherry for being 13 yrs old, not a scrape or chip on any of the chrome or paint.

Preliminary look at the damage (at night): scraped and dented tank, bent risers, scraped up brake lever and switch housing, brake pedal, pegs, mirror, air cleaner cover and exhaust

I'll be talking to the adjuster tomorrow, hopefully Progressive is as good as their commercials. Fortunately I have full coverage and a low deductible, so I should be getting a new paint job and some shiny new parts soon. It really put a damper on the evening, but at least I'm okay, I didn't murder any kids (with my bike or my bare hands), and the damage should be pretty easily repaired.

Old 10-30-2014, 03:16 AM
DYNA_DANNY
4th Gear
Angry sucks

sorry to hear man, at least you're ok. but anyways i just recently got into an accident myself, damn guy made and illegal u-turn right in front of me and i couldnt avoid him.(luckily not too much damage) anyway i have progressive also and i couldnt believe that progressive made me at fault.

and the adjuster was a joke also, i personally showed him that my right front fork tube was slightly bent ( aside from alot of the same damages on your bike) and he thought "oh maybe it just needs an alignment" when clearly the fork tube was wobbling and binding in the fork trees when loosened up, and they wont replace it

so they wont be getting my money next year when it comes to renewal time

Old 10-30-2014, 04:57 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Sh@t d@mn...glad you're OK to ride another day and the bike will get fixed. Might be good time to think about fresh new look, or restoral plans to refresh your original ride...

Old 10-30-2014, 05:27 AM
daveblank
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sorry to hear. The main thing is that nobody was hurt badly.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:07 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Glad you're are okay. Starting to think you should've just hit the damn kids! Hopefully your experience with insurance will be good. I've had good and I've had bad. Let us all know how the insurance goes. I recommend getting your bike into the shop to assess the damage and check everything out. IMHO you don't want to discuss numbers with the insurance company until you know the numbers.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 AM
JGmx327
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're okay!

Old 10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Glad you escaped with little injury.

I've had Progressive insurance for many years and when it comes to claims they have never done me wrong. When I was married my husband got into a motorcycle wreck and the hospital cut his chaps off of him. I wasn't aware that I need to save them for the insurance company and threw them away at the hospital, the Progressive adjuster paid me for them anyway.

Be sure to point out every scratch or scuff no matter how slight.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:46 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Happy to hear that you're ok as well. It's just metal on the bike which can be replaced. I'm sure your adjuster will do right by you

Good luck!

Old 10-30-2014, 12:22 PM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

A bike lying on it's side on the ground is a screwed up sight that always makes me feel sick. I just like these crazy things so much. That said, good it wasn't you lying there.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:37 PM
DaveTheButcher
Road Captain

Well isn't that some ****. Damn kids not paying attention, sorry to hear about the incident. Glad you're ok and able to continue riding as soon as the bike is fixed.

Quick Reply: Laid her down today :(