Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

super glide tail/turn

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 05:46 AM
badbowtie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super glide tail/turn

I just picked up a 2010 dyna super glide custom and some previous owner did some shaddy work to rear fender filing in all the holes. But no big deal I am working on making the ones I need like for the seat screw. But he removed front and rear turn signals and also removed rear tail light. Used one of them side brackets for license plate and tail light down on axle nut. I think I want to mount a light and turn back on the rear fender. I am thinking something like this that does brake and turn. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171182416909...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am looking for some input from anybody on how they think this will work and look. I tried to search around for others having similar and didn't have much success. I also am not sure where the wires all run factory to make sure they don't get stuck in tire or in anything else.

Last edited by badbowtie; 11-12-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:18 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Never been a fan of the "all in one" taillights, just don't think anybody behind you will have a clue if you are turning. They look nice and clean but if you go that way I would start using your arms for turn signals if anybody is behind ya(not a bad habit even with regular signals).

Old 11-12-2014, 08:43 AM
badbowtie
Advanced

That is what I was looking for I was kind of worried they wouldn't see the all in one also. I guess I am going to keep looking for something else to use for a rear light setup that I can have a rear license plate light and has turns that mount on the side. I don't want to buy the side oe lights so I don't have to change again when I do saddle bags.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:42 AM
camden
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm planning on using a custom dynamics integrated led taillight. Based on what I've seen, there should be no issues with visibility.

Here's a video from forum member SquidHead:

Old 11-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

This is what I did. Custom Dynamics plate mounted directly to my fender on my bob. Did this for two reasons. Cleaner look and so I was able to mount my bags. Don't have a pic of the turns sigs but they're BRIGHT yellow and are on the vertical sides of the plate. They WILL be seen no problem. I also wired it so that the yellows come on with the brake light all at once without sacrificing the turn sigs. It's bright. I love it, and I'm sure the people behind me dont... But that's the point lol. I ride it to work once in awhile and I'm in traffic at 5am while it's still dark out. This definitely gets your attention when all of them are lit up. (thats just the taillight on in the pic with the afternoon sun directly on it and it's still that visible.)

Attached Thumbnails super glide tail/turn-message_1410136846286.jpg  
Old 11-12-2014, 12:55 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could go with a billet light bar.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

My comments were not so much about the visibility of the flashing turn signal but about the minimal seperation from the centerline of the bike. Sure, if you have the full attention of all the cagers behind you, they could determine which way you are turning but I don't think there are too many drivers out there fully focused on their driving.

I realize a lot of bikers love these integrated taillights, hell I thought about getting one myself but opted out for a standard BAL taillight.

Old 11-12-2014, 02:41 PM
badbowtie
Advanced

Jesse 81
I can't click that image I guess because I have not been a memeber for 5 days yet. I am still looking around for something and ideas.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

At $30 it can't be much.
I like separate turn signals it is much easier for the cagers to recognize you are turning.
For me safety is the #1 reason.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I can barely tell that's a turn signal and I know what I'm looking for. Your average cager will simply think you have a short in the wiring. In many states, there's a minimum separation for turn signal from brake light, if anyone really cares about the laws.

Quick Reply: super glide tail/turn