Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Place to lift bike with Pitbull rear stand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 06:36 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Place to lift bike with Pitbull rear stand?

OK, so I have a Pitbull rear stand that Ive used on several bikes. It has a reversible top for lifting via spindles or rear swingarm.

I cant use the swingarm because the exhaust is too long and doesnt give enough support for the Pitbull.

So, I was wondering if any forum members out there knew of spindles I could attach to the rear wheel so that I can use the Pitbull stand that way. Or if I could put a solid metal bar through the hub?

Any opinions are welcome. Im trying to put the bike away for the winter and lift the rear off the ground so it doesnt flatspot.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:48 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

you will have to weld a bung to the swing arm and then add the spinals

Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JRK5892
you will have to weld a bung to the swing arm and then add the spinals
Thats what I was afraid of. Why isnt there some simple adapter for this? I cant be the first person who ever wanted to try this.

Old 11-14-2014, 05:37 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

IM THINKING just get the $99 craftsman lift and be done with it..

Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
IM THINKING just get the $99 craftsman lift and be done with it..
I bought that once. The bike was so unstable on it that I returned it same day. Im trying to use stuff I already have and not spend more money. Its just to lift the rear wheel, not the whole bike. Maybe Im just asking for the impossible.

I was thinking I could just put some pipe through the rear hub and lift it that way.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:39 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I am sorry but I am confused here.
From what I read you are only wanting to have the rear tire off the ground so it won't have a flat spot form storing the bike.

If this is correct why not just put the bike on the lift and have both tires off the ground. I mean if your concerned about a flat spot on the rear tire what about the front tire. I have never had a flat spot on any of my tire from sitting. If it does have one it's gone in a 100 miles or so.

Maybe I'm just getting old and confused. I have 5 bikes and only ride 2 of em in the winter months and have never experienced any flat spots as of yet.

Old 11-14-2014, 06:45 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dirtdobber
I am sorry but I am confused here.
From what I read you are only wanting to have the rear tire off the ground so it won't have a flat spot form storing the bike.

If this is correct why not just put the bike on the lift and have both tires off the ground. I mean if your concerned about a flat spot on the rear tire what about the front tire. I have never had a flat spot on any of my tire from sitting. If it does have one it's gone in a 100 miles or so.

Maybe I'm just getting old and confused. I have 5 bikes and only ride 2 of em in the winter months and have never experienced any flat spots as of yet.
Fair enough, I suppose I should have specified. I already have the front wheel in a parking chock that keeps it off the ground. Even though I havent experienced flat spots either, this bike is heavier than previous bikes and I just want to take any precautions I can if its stored for 2-3 months.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:12 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If the front tire is on a parking chock or on the ground it is still going to have the weight on the front when you raise the rear off the ground. When the rear is higher the weight is transferred to the front.
Having it on a chock will only have front off the ground and is on the metal chock instead.
your best bet is to put the bike on the jack. I have stands that I have made. I raise the bike up on the jack then slide the stand under it then remove the jack. You couldn't knock the bike off of it if you wanted to. It is more stable than any pitbull jack could be.
I think you are just overly concerned over nothing.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:24 PM
Warrior 72
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a thick rubber tractor trailer mud flap, I use them under my Mustangs tires too, no flat spots at all and my Stang only goes about 1000 miles a year.