Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadster21
...I like the basani road rage 2 but I plan on buying a lo next year and id throw them on it. Just want a 2-2 for the dyna
Be very aware of the impact on cornering clearance.

Old 11-22-2014, 06:19 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Be very aware of the impact on cornering clearance.
The V & H big radius 2 into 2 sux for cornering too...drug the pipes before the boards on my Slim. May not be so bad on a Dyna

Old 11-22-2014, 06:22 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by FLS103
The V & H big radius 2 into 2 sux for cornering too...drug the pipes before the boards on my Slim. May not be so bad on a Dyna
Maybe, but:

...I plan on buying a lo next year and id throw them on it...
I know a builder who's a major Bassani fan, but because he knows I like to ride my Dyna, even he warned me: "The cornering clearance sucks".

Old 11-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of good info, appreciate it all. I'm leaning towards the pythons right now. Going to do some price checks when I get some time. The project will be complete by spring. Bike isn't seeing the road until its complete.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:09 AM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

i've drug my RR2 many times through corners as well. never once when i was running v&h straight shots. the scrape area is under the pipe and not noticeable unless you get on your hands and knees to look for it....but it's still an uneasy feeling when you are taking a high peed corner only to be jolted by the pipe hitting the ground.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:21 PM
spurs
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Yes they sound the same. They are basically identical other than the heat shields.

That's very easy to say and assume when you don't really know any better. They're rather short, loud, duals, they must suck right? A 2-1 always makes better torque. Common misconceptions based on things read on the internet. Not attacking you, just trying to reveal the truth. I used to think the same about this particular exhaust until I saw them proven to work well over and over. I am NOT a 2-2 fan, I love 2-1s, but I must tell it like it is. Torque is not lacking at all, they actually hold back the hp some on top. For those that rode a friend's bike with 2-1 or swapped exhaust, unless both bikes were very well tuned and you could see the difference you're comparing apples to oranges. The tune can make all the difference and it's amazing what your mind and sound can make you feel.

Here's some varying examples of what I see on a regular basis from this exhaust. These are all right out of the box big radius. I don't see or feel any lack of torque. In fact they are one of the better performing st1 exhausts that I do on a regular basis. They will make more hp with baffle mods but will lose a little on the bottom.

Stage 1 '14 low rider 103. Yep, a stage 1 over 100ft lbs for 1500 rpm! And it's not a miracle run, it did it over and over and actually made 103ft lbs when the clutch started slipping.

Stage 1 cvo 110 bike. 110ft lbs at 2k.

103 stage 4 kit in a fat bob. It's most impressive with a build like this. Many 2-1s out there can produce a bad dip or flat spot. This one's making 100ft lbs at 2200 with those junk 2-2s with a mid to top end cam.
vdop, good information. Thanks for the post.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:28 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I was looking at the Big Radius 2-2 until I heard them ...thought they sounded like crap....went with the Big Shots 2-2, put in the quiet baffles which gave it a deeper sound - switched it to the Bassanni 2-1 during this year which I like best (so far)

Attached Thumbnails Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?-img_0007.jpg  
Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

Really? Didn't like the sound? I guess I haven't heard any 2-1 in person to compare sound with on a Dyna. Heard one on a road glide and it sounded awesome

Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Really? Didn't like the sound? I guess I haven't heard any 2-1 in person to compare sound with on a Dyna. Heard one on a road glide and it sounded awesome
The problem is they curve downwards. your exhaust gasses are pushed out onto the pavement and all you hear is a hissing, blowing type noise. Plus if there is alot of dust it all gets blown onto the people behind you.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:21 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Yes they sound the same. They are basically identical other than the heat shields.

That's very easy to say and assume when you don't really know any better. They're rather short, loud, duals, they must suck right? A 2-1 always makes better torque. Common misconceptions based on things read on the internet. Not attacking you, just trying to reveal the truth. I used to think the same about this particular exhaust until I saw them proven to work well over and over. I am NOT a 2-2 fan, I love 2-1s, but I must tell it like it is. Torque is not lacking at all, they actually hold back the hp some on top. For those that rode a friend's bike with 2-1 or swapped exhaust, unless both bikes were very well tuned and you could see the difference you're comparing apples to oranges. The tune can make all the difference and it's amazing what your mind and sound can make you feel.

Here's some varying examples of what I see on a regular basis from this exhaust. These are all right out of the box big radius. I don't see or feel any lack of torque. In fact they are one of the better performing st1 exhausts that I do on a regular basis. They will make more hp with baffle mods but will lose a little on the bottom.

Stage 1 '14 low rider 103. Yep, a stage 1 over 100ft lbs for 1500 rpm! And it's not a miracle run, it did it over and over and actually made 103ft lbs when the clutch started slipping.

Stage 1 cvo 110 bike. 110ft lbs at 2k.

103 stage 4 kit in a fat bob. It's most impressive with a build like this. Many 2-1s out there can produce a bad dip or flat spot. This one's making 100ft lbs at 2200 with those junk 2-2s with a mid to top end cam.
Guess that makes me rather cynical, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad! The only v&h pipe I ever heard of that makes good #'s is the propipe, but I believe you and now I know something I didn't, so thank you Vdop.

Quick Reply: Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?