Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:03 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?

Hey guys,
I just picked up a '13 street bob and plan on spending the winter making it mine. I have 18" gangster apes on the way. Burly slammer kit. Screaming eagle intake. And I was going to order some Vance and Hines big radius 2-2.

What's your thoughts on the pipes? Is there something else out there you would recommend? Quick note I don't want a 2-1 system just not a fan of the look.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:11 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

I'm digging these since they just posted them

Maybe they have them as slip-ons for Dynas?

Old 11-21-2014, 05:57 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Everyone's going to say you HAVE to get a 2-1. The big radius will work just fine if that's what you like the look and sound of. Look into the python venom radius though. They're basically the exact same exhaust, made by Vance and hines but imo look better with one piece heat shields and they're cheaper.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:13 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,784 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Follow your heart on this one.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:05 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 667 Posts

Personally I think the big radius pipes look terrible, I'm just not a fan the curve on them.

That said I have the staggered short shots, because I much prefer the 2-2 look. But I wish I had discovered the big shots prior to ordering them. Just a few inches longer and look even better than the short shots IMO, but going from the factory pipes to the short shots I noticed a drop in TQ due to the nearly straight pipe that they are until I put the quiet baffles in and regained that TQ, and it has a much better tone with the quiet baffles rather than just obnoxiously loud.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:23 AM
buteoridge
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a set of V&H short shots on my bike and loved the sound..... then I rode a buddies bike (Identical to mine TC 88 carb stage 1) with a 2-1 V&H pro-pipe. The performance increase was very noticeable. I wasn't a fan of the look either but I got over it and put a 2-1 pro-pipe on mine and have never regretted it.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:18 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vdop
Everyone's going to say you HAVE to get a 2-1. The big radius will work just fine if that's what you like the look and sound of. Look into the python venom radius though. They're basically the exact same exhaust, made by Vance and hines but imo look better with one piece heat shields and they're cheaper.
Do those pipes sound the same? Or similar?

Old 11-21-2014, 02:32 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well since you asked us to talk you out of them here's a few points;

- every second or third bike has those cheap looking V&H big radius. I don't get what folks like about them to me they look like they don't belong on a bike and I'll leave it at that.

- They sound awful especially since all you hear is the exhaust hitting the ground + look out for anybody behind because they blow up alot of dust

- Performance wise forget it you may as well get an egg-beater and turn it on high, you will get more torque!

The pythons would probably serve you better than the V&H but If you have the money then go with SeudeBlue's idea and get those two brothers pipes man I really dig that classic look and the mean ole growl coming out of there gave me goose bumps. If I wasn't a 2/1 type guy I would get some of those!

That said I'm going to find out how much they are worth!!!

I'm not sure they make that pipe for dynas, 800$ for black ceramic, 700$ for chrome.

Last edited by maddghost; 11-21-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I personally like the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 (1D5250). Its upswept on the end. When I had the burly slammer kit and was shopping for a new exhaust, I wanted to get something that wouldn't drag on the corners. This pipe sounds nice and offers good performance. Good luck! Post pictures once you get something!

Attached Thumbnails Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?-img_1094.jpg  
Old 11-21-2014, 08:28 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
I personally like the Bassani Road Rage 2-1 (1D5250). Its upswept on the end. When I had the burly slammer kit and was shopping for a new exhaust, I wanted to get something that wouldn't drag on the corners. This pipe sounds nice and offers good performance. Good luck! Post pictures once you get something!
He doesn't want 2/1 systems though!

Quick Reply: Can you change my mind on exhaust before I order?