Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Dyna cam selection?

Old 11-22-2014, 11:25 PM
FXDBISBOB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dyna cam selection?

My first post and I know there is a ton of posts on here and opinions. I also know you guys are probly sick of answering lol. So I have stock 06 Streetbob. I thought I figured out I want Andrews 26H now I am second guessing for 37H. Honestly dont know anything about the 48H.

Currently running Tmax, Zippers Intake, V&H.

My decision has been unmade because I currently stay high revved in lower gear Beat on it then shift. No tach so I have no idea what RPM.

Friends ride 96 - 110 and I can outride em all. No race bike but you know what I mean ride it like I stole it they dont out ride me.

I like backroads twistys not alot of 2up. Not interested in Top end or dyno bragging rights just want to pull hard which everyone says thiers does BUT Not alot of people buy stuff then admit its wrong choice.
I know I cant go wrong with low end but too much top end and lack of bottom hit and Ill be mad

Just wondered real world expectations for 26H or 37H

Im thinking of .30 gasket big boyz street port bore my 88 to 95 around 9.5 compression

Not interested in SE cam, woods sounds expensive dont want to go to 10:1

thanx in advance

Old 11-22-2014, 11:52 PM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a Andrews 57-H in my 2006 streetbob and love it. I can out run my buddies 2007 96" streetbob with it's SE 204 cam. Plus the cam has one hell of a nice lope at idle.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:59 PM
FXDBISBOB
Intermediate

What did u do to heads? Or any other mods

Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 AM
FXDBISBOB
Intermediate

Also are u out running them on freeway or stop light to stoplight

Old 11-23-2014, 12:11 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

never touched the heads. We ride mostly back mountain roads. So i guess it be more like your calling red light to red light riding as we seldom have long runs where you go like hell for miles. It mainly i get them out of the hole and stay there. Only thing i done to my bike is i tuned it with power vision tuner i run homemade exhaust now and have a open style air filter rest is box stock.

Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

Also the 57-H is just a high lift version of the 37-H cam

Old 11-23-2014, 12:35 AM
FXDBISBOB
Intermediate

Okay so Im still learning pre 06 heads 510 lift is max correct but 06 up have beehive springs and can go almost 600 lift??? So higher lift that the 37H so power band is slightly later than 37H, lil less low end

Old 11-23-2014, 12:48 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

05 heads can handle same as 06 and newer. i say they can handle max of .575 safe. You wont need any springs etc. it bolt right in. Yes the cam does not kick in right out of the hole it comes on around 2200 rpm and hangs in there to close to 6000 on my bike. But it still not a slouch in the bottom end by a long shot. I think you will like it. i run my bike on a average AFR of 13:6 to 1 ratio and my timing is about 4 degree's advanced from stock. If you had a power vision i send you my map. As a side note when i really hammer the bike i have no problems getting air under the front tire in the first 4 gears. It a strong runner indeed.

I doubt you like the 48 cam it what i call a tractor cam. It strong on the lower end but poops out in the upper end. I never been on a bike with 26's so can not say there but hat cam looks like it be mild. 37's are good cam's and tons of folks use it. i just wanted to get a little more cam then it was hence why i picked the 57-H Since i done that there been a few folks around here jump om the 57 cam wagon and most like it. I will tell you this when you fire up your bike around a stock bike folks are going to notice you

Last edited by latrobedyna; 11-23-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:01 AM
FXDBISBOB
Intermediate

Damnit u gave me another to think about lol. No thank you. Thats what Im looking for. I mean stock off the line its a harley my KTM has almost same HP and is 1/4 the weight so its not gonna feel like a rocket off the line but I want it to yank when I Pin it. As Far as wheelie Ill need a clutch for that different topic but sounds like yours is a runner. So would u say the 57H is mid cam

Old 11-23-2014, 01:05 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

it on the upper end of what i call a mid cam. it sure not a really mild cam in a small motor like a 88" thats for damned sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Dyna cam selection?