Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 questions. brakes, fuel gauge, RAM

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 AM
1stfxdwg
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 3 questions. brakes, fuel gauge, RAM

01 FXDWG single front caliper. first question is the inner pad rides right at the rotor surface while the outer pad is greater than a 1/16 from the rotor surface. im trying to reduce lever travel and get a quicker brake response. why does the outer pad retract so far from the rotor?.

second question is can I install a pot in the fuel gauge circuit and improve/tweak the metering?.

3rd question is how much freaking ram does it take to manage the constant bombardment of streaming ad's on this site?. I have to wait for every page to load and I lack patience.

I swear I used the search function but couldn't get/find my answers.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:41 AM
Comingapart
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1stfxdwg
im trying to reduce lever travel and get a quicker brake response.
Are you lacking in brake performance? or is there excessive dead zone or slack in your lever? There are tweaks you can do where the lever interfaces the master cylinder to eliminate slop there. If you go trying to reduce the gap on your pads, it'll just cause excessive wear, shortened pad life and more heat on the rotor.

Originally Posted by 1stfxdwg
second question is can I install a pot in the fuel gauge circuit and improve/tweak the metering?.
Um, no. I'm not really sure what you're asking here. Adjusting resistance in the fuel gauge circuit will do nothing for the metering of fuel in the engine.

Any tweaks to the fuel metering in the engine will have to be done to the carb. There is no ECM or electrical signals controlling the carb on an 01.

If you're talking about some problem with the fuel gauge and it's readings, you just have to deal with it, they've always been crap. Forget it's there.