Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canbus Integrated Tail/Turn Sigs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 01:29 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Canbus Integrated Tail/Turn Sigs

I was under the impression that there are no available options when it comes to buying an integrated tail light for CANbus model Harleys (ex: Kury Panacea). But I called Custom Dynamics last week and was told that their GEN2 integrated tails will work just fine with my 2015 Low Rider.

Anyone have any input/experience here?

Last edited by BobberG; 11-24-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:15 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

a dude I knew has integrated tail lights on his 2013 works just fine... he might chime in.. but as far as using them for visibility I wouldnt count on it... better than nothing I guess.. good luck bro

Old 11-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I put a Custom Dynamics integrated tail light on my 2014 Street Bob when I converted it to a full FXD fender. Had to get the dealer to reprogram the Body Control Module on the bike to get the turn signals to not come on when brakes were applied but that shouldn't be necessary on a Low Rider.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:13 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Cool, thanks guys. Yea as long as I have SOMETHING blinking back there when turning, I'm good. lol Just trying to drop strut-mount sigs all together to make quick detach bags an easier ordeal.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So much buzz about the CanBus being an issue and it's not. I went to a regular old Custom Dynamics License Plate with LEDs in it and it works fine on my '14 FXDB. Just took a second to figure out the wiring. Well more than a second... More like few hours a note pad, test light, and a bunch of beers and I had it wired up working just as I wanted.

Attached Thumbnails Canbus Integrated Tail/Turn Sigs-message_1410136846286.jpg  
Old 11-26-2014, 07:54 AM
BobberG
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
So much buzz about the CanBus being an issue and it's not. I went to a regular old Custom Dynamics License Plate with LEDs in it and it works fine on my '14 FXDB. Just took a second to figure out the wiring. Well more than a second... More like few hours a note pad, test light, and a bunch of beers and I had it wired up working just as I wanted.
So not so much an issue as it is a PITA... Haha
Well good to know.

Old 11-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BobberG
So not so much an issue as it is a PITA... Haha
Well good to know.
Lol. Only PITA part of it was going from the bob lights (two separate tail/turn/brake) to making it run on a single tail and keeping the functions of the rest. Personally I wouldnt even bother with the BCM. The main harnesses are the same model to model. The rear half of the harness after the plug is going to be different whether or not you have a Lowrider/Superglide (single tail) or something like my Bob where as they're separated. The main harness has the wiring for both models. For my Brake and Tail to run without inference from the turn signal I had to jump over where the harness meet into the main harness where there is a separate tail light hot wire that isn't being used for my model of bike. I could have bought the pin and included it in the plug in portion of the rear harness but I was drunk and seemed like a WAY BETTER idea to just cut into the main and solder it up and get it done NOW. Don't judge me... lol. Just for the record once I got it all said and done it came out very nice and clean. Much cleaner than the factory bundle of wires that was there.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 AM
Big Mundo
Stage I

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Lol. Only PITA part of it was going from the bob lights (two separate tail/turn/brake) to making it run on a single tail and keeping the functions of the rest. Personally I wouldnt even bother with the BCM. The main harnesses are the same model to model. The rear half of the harness after the plug is going to be different whether or not you have a Lowrider/Superglide (single tail) or something like my Bob where as they're separated. The main harness has the wiring for both models. For my Brake and Tail to run without inference from the turn signal I had to jump over where the harness meet into the main harness where there is a separate tail light hot wire that isn't being used for my model of bike. I could have bought the pin and included it in the plug in portion of the rear harness but I was drunk and seemed like a WAY BETTER idea to just cut into the main and solder it up and get it done NOW. Don't judge me... lol. Just for the record once I got it all said and done it came out very nice and clean. Much cleaner than the factory bundle of wires that was there.
How were u able to stop getting a brake signal on the blinker wires??