Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked out\03 FXD

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 04:37 PM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Locked out\03 FXD

Bought a used 03 FXD Super Glide. the battery was dead in the security fob. I replaced it but the system still didn't work . Cold day I cranked the battery dead\ Charged it and reinstalled. The key fob didn't seem to work when i replaced the battery so I figured what the hey! who cares right. so after i Put the battery back on I took it for a ride no problems. I was looking for a fuse to try diagnose a rear turn signal problem( they dont work ). No bad fuses. I pushed the fob just messing around and the system armed. I've been pulling my hair out trying to disarm it with no luck . All the online videos and things I read have no effect.When I do the ignition key on-off-on-off thinggy I get no response from my turn signal switches. Ive tried every configuration possible as far as with the fob present and with it not present. Is there any way to do away with this security system and not worry about it? Can it be chopped off the bike ? Or some way to override it other than the norm ?

Last edited by DayzedAndKunfoozed; 11-25-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:49 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

If it is armed two quick pushes will disarm it. Press and hold to arm.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:37 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

You can do away with the alarm but you have to replace the security module with a non security module.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:16 PM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced

Thanks for the comeback BDT79 , I've pushed 2 quick times and no luck and my ignition switch is feeling kinda sloppy from turning it on and off so much lol.... I'm ready to take a claw hammer to this fob . But i will check into the non security module . Is the module im looking for the plugged in box under the side cover beside the fuses has a HD-p\n of 62922-00B or something to that nature?

Old 11-25-2014, 08:19 PM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced

Kudos as well wastedranger

Old 11-25-2014, 08:43 PM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced

an update : I got it to disarm : unhooked the battery completely waited for bout an hour hokked back up , No Help!....... turned key on to acc. I think. but I'm sure the kill switch was off and i hit the fob button couple times and the signals flashed and good to go. But this was after several numerous attempts at the same thing before and had no luck. So I'm not sure what happened . All I know is I will never use that fob again and the battery is being taken out of it to demobilize the thing as to not inter fere again with my bike.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:25 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by DayzedAndKunfoozed
Thanks for the comeback BDT79 , I've pushed 2 quick times and no luck and my ignition switch is feeling kinda sloppy from turning it on and off so much lol.... I'm ready to take a claw hammer to this fob . But i will check into the non security module . Is the module im looking for the plugged in box under the side cover beside the fuses has a HD-p\n of 62922-00B or something to that nature?
No problem. I'm not sure where the module is, never messed with one. I just know that that's how you do away with the security system.

Originally Posted by DayzedAndKunfoozed
an update : I got it to disarm : unhooked the battery completely waited for bout an hour hokked back up , No Help!....... turned key on to acc. I think. but I'm sure the kill switch was off and i hit the fob button couple times and the signals flashed and good to go. But this was after several numerous attempts at the same thing before and had no luck. So I'm not sure what happened . All I know is I will never use that fob again and the battery is being taken out of it to demobilize the thing as to not inter fere again with my bike.
Maybe disconnecting the battery reset the security system.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:47 AM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Unhooking battery does not reset security. It's probably his fob or his module giving him issues. I wouldn't leave the fob behind unless you know how to deactivate security without it. If it ever arms and you don't have fob or info to disarm your bike won't start. But remember push and hold to arm and two really quick pushes to disarm. Signals flash to let you know it has worked.

Last edited by wastedranger; 11-26-2014 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The solution to your problem is likely in the service manual. I know a ridiculous amount of space in my '04 manual is devoted to the security system, which I don't have.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:52 PM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced

Something crazy I got stirring in my head. I wonder if my trouble may have been that I had the bike on a jack that held it in an upright position. Is it such a thing the system won't arm and disarm unless it's on the side stand in a prone position? I'm afraid to try and find out since i had such a hard time getting it to disarm. I really need to get a manual on the bike , I don't have one. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Locked out\03 FXD