Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought My Bike Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Ibeach67
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjtroutbum
Congrats on achieving your dream neighbor. Get out and ride the weather here will be warm enough I'm riding Saturday supposed to be 60ish.
Awesome we shall soon...got to get her home, finish many parking lot hours need to take the written, and one more class before I go further than the parking lot practices. I made myself a promise I finish up my plan. Not exactly confident yet at with my riding, that's going to come soon. I just moved from dittmer to Olympian village from my house to an apt. So if I don't come up with a plan soon about storage she's going to go in my brothers basement.way past warrenton ...lol I really wasn't ready I thought I'd have one in spring and I'd use my daughters house she's getting built. Lol so that's been my only hang up. Lol it's a dandy. She may be in my living room. Lmfao I don't want her an hour and forty five away . Working on it. Thanks for reaching out!!!!!!!!! I'd love that...I'm going to need a spotter for sure. And seasoned riders... And by the way nice bike!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:06 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibeach67
I really was tossed up between this and the soft tail slim

Old 11-27-2014, 11:09 PM
1frozen_toe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks and funny i was looking to buy black denim. But then this happened. Lol
Congrats on the new bike in the very awesome color I did the same thing,I was looking at a fat boy and the deluxe,I did a Google search and the first pic I see was the deluxe in voodoo purple,and It was instant LOVE 😍 I bought her unseen and won't get to meet her till the spring as I left the next day for work,I sure am envying all the south folk with the nice weather

Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 PM
Hebrew Battle Rifle
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on your achievement and the smokin' deal that you made. Very well done!

If you would be so kind, post more pics of your ride.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:16 AM
07_Dyna
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought my first bike today...Finally decided ! 2014 Street Bob...burly slam kit, and h.d. Super reduced reach seat... move back the forward controls to mid mount, mini apes, ISO grips, blacked out motor...putting motor guard on...with hwy pegs....she's not the color I was looking to buy...but this is her in voodoo hard candy purple... Yay I'm soooo stoked ! Ahhh lol don't know how to upload pic to here??? Lol
Am I reading this right - your FIRST bike?

Everybody else has told you how nice the bike is. I agree, of course, and having another color besides black makes it that much nicer, in my opinion.

BUT it's nice to be alive, too... If that is your first bike, please be verrrrry careful, for quite a while.

The Dyna's are not hard to ride. OTOH, they're not exactly a bike for beginners! I'm thinking that, in your joy of having that bike, you just might forget the real deal on riding any bike, which is:

The grave yards are full of bad asses. Joining them is just one, screw-up away!

One tip I will give is, stay on the pavement. These bikes are extremely unruly on gravel. (I have no idea why) I rode mine on gravel once. I will never do it again.

I'm 65 now. Being old is really nice, especially when you consider the alternative... So just be cool, ok?

Old 11-28-2014, 07:12 AM
End Loser
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

I would definitely keep it in my living room before I took it over an hour away...oh yeah!

Old 11-28-2014, 08:05 AM
Trim Reaper
Road Captain

Congrats, she's a beauty. Take the rider safety courses. Saves on your insurance premiums too. Stay off the busy roads until you feel confident. Head out of town for nice rides in the country.
As far as the FB comments go, we all know, haters gonna hate. It's jealousy, plain and simple.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:19 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well done!

Congratulations and enjoy !!

Old 11-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Ibeach67
Advanced

Originally Posted by pretz
Congrats.. Enjoy
Originally Posted by 07_Dyna
Am I reading this right - your FIRST bike?

Everybody else has told you how nice the bike is. I agree, of course, and having another color besides black makes it that much nicer, in my opinion.

BUT it's nice to be alive, too... If that is your first bike, please be verrrrry careful, for quite a while.

The Dyna's are not hard to ride. OTOH, they're not exactly a bike for beginners! I'm thinking that, in your joy of having that bike, you just might forget the real deal on riding any bike, which is:

The grave yards are full of bad asses. Joining them is just one, screw-up away!

One tip I will give is, stay on the pavement. These bikes are extremely unruly on gravel. (I have no idea why) I rode mine on gravel once. I will never do it again.

I'm 65 now. Being old is really nice, especially when you consider the alternative... So just be cool, ok?

Yes sir. Agree. Thank you and more serious than I take bike buying is my own safety ..I started out practicing on a little dirt bike, riders edge next, and mid spring community college has a safety riders course I'm doing too. I will spend tons of hours in parking lots doing sharp slow turns...learning how to move her back into spots...it's been a whole plan. I won't be on rides alone for my first season....but I understand you have probably tons of experience....but got to start somewhere to get mine. As far as starter bike...no it probably isn't. But it is better than starting off on a sportser . And I'm sure you know why so I won't bore you with that noise. Thank you for your input. And Yes Sir, I agree.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Trim Reaper
Road Captain

Yes sir. Agree. Thank you and more serious than I take bike buying is my own safety ..I started out practicing on a little dirt bike, riders edge next, and mid spring community college has a safety riders course I'm doing too. I will spend tons of hours in parking lots doing sharp slow turns...learning how to move her back into spots...it's been a whole plan. I won't be on rides alone for my first season....but I understand you have probably tons of experience....but got to start somewhere to get mine. As far as starter bike...no it probably isn't. But it is better than starting off on a sportser . And I'm sure you know why so I won't bore you with that noise. Thank you for your input. And Yes Sir, I agree.
Having experience on a little dirt bike makes a world of difference. Good stuff.

Quick Reply: bought My Bike Today