Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

124" winter build...

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 03:33 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow. This is really coming together nicely, notwithstanding the bent parts. Can't wait for the next installment/update.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:29 AM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm not a religious person, but I think you're a saint for getting through the issues without stabbing someone.

Also, I feel like a sinner lusting after your motor!

All the stress is going to fall away once you crank this bitch up though. I can't wait to hear it.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:12 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

All the issues you've had have me thinking S&S crate. If you did it all over again would you change anything?

Old 03-05-2015, 07:58 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys. Yea this entire process has been a nightmare. If I could do it again I would have brought it to someone more local. Either that or built a crate for the motor, had them install the heads and just ate the extra shipping charges. The damage to the ac is a bummer, I was going to order it from direct cycle parts for a great price but Kirby said he would machine it to fit the bigger tb. Well it's not machined, he didn't have time. I could have ordered it myself, had it come in one piece, and have it powder coated by now. Irritating....

Old 03-05-2015, 08:11 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Thanks guys. Yea this entire process has been a nightmare. If I could do it again I would have brought it to someone more local. Either that or built a crate for the motor, had them install the heads and just ate the extra shipping charges. The damage to the ac is a bummer, I was going to order it from direct cycle parts for a great price but Kirby said he would machine it to fit the bigger tb. Well it's not machined, he didn't have time. I could have ordered it myself, had it come in one piece, and have it powder coated by now. Irritating....
He didn't do something he was supposed to....... YAH I know the feeling for those that followed my build.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:26 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Not trying to pile on, I know this guy has good engine build rep but got a PM from him recently telling me to "**** off".

Old 03-05-2015, 08:36 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Not trying to pile on, I know this guy has good engine build rep but got a PM from him recently telling me to "**** off".
I got much worse LOL and I was his customer!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2015, 08:40 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Shame. He was good to deal with for me. Hindsight I would buy closer to home in case I had warrenty issues. So far so good.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:51 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

think its about time for me to chime in.as far as any damage (fins or A/C),I offered to put in a claim to UPS & USPS.as far as not machining the A/C,i will refund the $$ for that.as far as "BOBBER",when I did your heads,i asked what TB your going to run,you said stock and may (or may not) got to a aftermarket TB with 1.750 runners next year,since you were running a stock TB with stock runners,thats what the heads where set up for.opening runners to 1.750 with a stock 1.600 runners would be next to impossible to seal,(but im sure,in your eyes,that would have been my fault too)when you decided to go with a bigger runner TB,i offered to set your heads up for that for free,that wasn't good enough and you tried to have me refund $$ to you,thats not going to happen because you got what you asked for,well that's it and im done with the subject

Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Switching gears a bit..... monster, don't let the "bumps" in the road get to ya - a project this big is impossible to do without some lessons learned. Following this thread, I know you are going to have a very fun ride, might need to have some extra tires standing by!

I have rechecked my SM - no instruction to replace the Crank Position Sensor, I would not do it IMO even though your SM tells you to.

Quick Reply: 124" winter build...