Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Tire question, opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by skinman13
mental image...the feeling of running up on a tar snake when leaned over in a nice deep curve...now that'll make your cajones tingle just a little!

While riding around a normal curve on a major highway in Wyoming, I hit one of their 1" high road snakes
and damn near dumped when it almost snatched the bars out of my grip. After that, I started being
REAL observant of them and frankly, my fear of Wyoming / Montana road snakes actually inhibited
my ride on the Chief Joseph reducing it from YEEHAAAAA!! to "spirited cruising".

I have never seen road snakes as high as in those two states..

Old 12-18-2014, 08:14 PM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

I had commander II's on my last bike and they were the best tires I had on it. I ride hard and scrape pegs fairly often on joy rides, and I also commute on my bike every day possible so good wear is a must. The commander II's handle great in every corner for me even when leaned over pretty far and going fast. But the first few trips with them took a little "tuning" with the air pressure to get them handling how I liked, max pressure made them handle funny. But they do grip quite well, I went from being able to do spin the old Kenda off the line on the Honda 750 to no spinning and bogging the bike off the line when switching to the commander II's. Didnt have but 4000mi on those tires on them when I got my current bike and stopped riding it, and they still looked brand new. It now sits in the garage and dad doesnt ride much.

next on my list are the Night dragons, would be metzlers 888's but they're too expensive. I'm pretty well tossed up between the night dragons and commander II's on this bike its due for a rear SOON. and I plan to try both.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:34 AM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
Confusing only if you don't really know your riding style....
Not something I've ever really thought about actually. I suppose I don't go for many long rides, the roads around where I live are quite twisty and I enjoy the bends but don't go in for peg scraping. So I think a sticky tire would be better than a high mileage tire.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:35 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I switched over the rear to the D407 several years ago... things are damn expensive now, but I get almost 14k out of them.. yes, on the rear. I've ran the M-Commander II up front, I'm on my second tire... Works a little better than the stock Dunlop.

Since I am converting my ride to a fat front end, I plan on sticking another Commander up front.

As for these tires cornering ability... I have forward controls with Kury swing wings... I grind the outside of my footpegs regularly... that's as far as I need to go.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you staying with the stock front wheel when you go for the fat front end?