Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's everyone's winter mod plans

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't got the cams yet but thinking the 660SM with 10.5 compression. Probably going to a Fatcat as well, my LSR performs really well in the upper rpms but is lacking in initial torque. I am still in discussions with my Dyno/tuner guy to nail down the components.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

RB and D&D are the top power makers... If you have the RB I definitly wouldn't be changing it...plus the RB weights less. I would say that's the major downside to the D&D.

If you decide to get a Fatcat send me a PM cause I might be interested in trying out the RB. I also have the standard baffle for the D&D incase you get the pipe with the performance baffle and want to have both to see which does better during your dyno.

Congrats! Engine work is a major change that does a night a day on your ride.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:20 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern B
Haven't got the cams yet but thinking the 660SM with 10.5 compression. Probably going to a Fatcat as well, my LSR performs really well in the upper rpms but is lacking in initial torque. I am still in discussions with my Dyno/tuner guy to nail down the components.
660s are big cams for a 107", I kinda wish I had gone with a tad smaller cam than the 590s. From what I have learned and experienced, 10.5 compression is about as low as you want to go with 590s and looking at the 660s, probably the same. They would both run better at 10.8:1 up to 11.0:1, but now you have to deal with a high compression build - need a great tune. Good luck, and have fun with the build!

Old 12-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Northern B
Tourer

Will let you know about the exhaust change, my tuner guy believes the RB is holding back the bottom end torque with my current set up on the 96 and thinks I will benefit from going to a fatcat on the new build. I am looking to shift the torque curve to the lower rpms but not sure I want to do the build and spend Dyno time on the RB and find out it is still not picking up the low end torque that I want to see. The fatcat will make the bottom end power for sure, my tuner guy has endless Dyno charts to prove it. i am curious to see how the RB will perform with the build as well and if I can work out something with my tuner I may end up keeping it, I love the look of the RB and would like to keep it if I can get some more bottom end torque. I will let you know if I put it up for sale.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:49 PM
Northern B
Tourer

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
660s are big cams for a 107", I kinda wish I had gone with a tad smaller cam than the 590s. From what I have learned and experienced, 10.5 compression is about as low as you want to go with 590s and looking at the 660s, probably the same. They would both run better at 10.8:1 up to 11.0:1, but now you have to deal with a high compression build - need a great tune. Good luck, and have fun with the build!
I am still in discussions with my tuner regarding the cams and compression so will see where we end up. Your input is appreciated, Thanks!