Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 06:32 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Make it yours if you're planning on keeping it. If you're planning on selling it someday a lot of folks will avoid custom paint jobs.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,792 Likes on 3,303 Posts
Default So true

Buy new tanks and paint them, all the 2003's kinda look the same. make it yours. When 1 million hit the market it still made it just another Harley AND " I"M NOT KNOCKING ANY HARLEY, DUDE....." BUT it still is..

Originally Posted by HarleyBob52
yep.. except the 03 is a 100th anniversary,, and the rest are not!!

Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

check eBay & see what they go for, the 100th parts sale for a premium but not enough to justify buying a 2nd tank yet.. They did make bikes in 03 different colors, mine is an 03 with a special order Harley paint but it still has the little 100th badges all over it. I know my special order paint with the 100th decals is worth more. I don't agree that 100th bikes aren't worth more, they are worth more, any special edition of any vehicle is worth more just because it's dressed up better and rare. it's just not a worth a whole lot more yet,.. but one day it will be. it's already a classic, they don't make bikes like that anymore. 100th anniversary is a once in a lifetime thing and very rare for any company, it's very unique. But the skins of a motorcycle alone I don't think will be worth storing long term, because it's a very easy paint job to reproduce anyway.

I think it would be cool if you incorporated the 100th logo in your custom paint job some how, that would make your bike stand out..

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 12-18-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjo3491
Make it yours if you're planning on keeping it. If you're planning on selling it someday a lot of folks will avoid custom paint jobs.
Excellent advice. All that said, i like mine just the way it is...

Old 12-19-2014, 04:58 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
check eBay & see what they go for, the 100th parts sale for a premium but not enough to justify buying a 2nd tank yet.. They did make bikes in 03 different colors, mine is an 03 with a special order Harley paint but it still has the little 100th badges all over it. I know my special order paint with the 100th decals is worth more. I don't agree that 100th bikes aren't worth more, they are worth more, any special edition of any vehicle is worth more just because it's dressed up better and rare. it's just not a worth a whole lot more yet,.. but one day it will be. it's already a classic, they don't make bikes like that anymore. 100th anniversary is a once in a lifetime thing and very rare for any company, it's very unique. But the skins of a motorcycle alone I don't think will be worth storing long term, because it's a very easy paint job to reproduce anyway.

I think it would be cool if you incorporated the 100th logo in your custom paint job some how, that would make your bike stand out..
In 2103 it will be worth a small fortune

Last edited by ynots; 12-19-2014 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:21 AM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
In 2103 it will be worth a small fortune
Ya that. So store it for a 90 years and hope you live long enuf to see the benefit.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe

\

KEY HERE is worth more ....to you.... and thats about as far as that goes....worth more to others? as in they will pay more for it over another ,, naw

Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an '03.....I didn't like the paint too much, the silver/black and I didn't want to paint over it though...

Old 12-20-2014, 09:02 AM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
\

KEY HERE is worth more ....to you.... and thats about as far as that goes....worth more to others? as in they will pay more for it over another ,, naw

I didn't buy it as an investment, but yeah it's definitely worth more to a lot of people, you haven't seen mine so how do you it's not worth more? it's a special order paint from Harley with the 10th badging in the paint, that option definitely adds to the value of the bike.

plus 2003 was before Harley started coating every damn thing with cheap black plastic **** and used chrome. they don't make them like this anymore, the new ones even have plastic air cleaners. and all this epa crap is garbage. what a shame when you buy a $17k motorcycle you've got to pay another $2k to get all the epa junk off, so then your $20k into a Dyna, that's why a bought a 2003. It was about the last of the real Harleys, you'll never see them like that again, when people finally get over the cheap black plastic look it will appreciate in value. And who knows, if Harley goes bankrupt like the rest of america then what will a 100th be worth?

it's the same bullshit argument that mods don't increase the value of a motorcycle, that's complete BS, if you have 2 bikes one stock & one with $5k in mods that a buyer likes, they are obviously going to willingly pay more for the one with $5k in extras.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 12-20-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 PM
okbill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same delima. I have an 03 wide glide and have been considering paint, new bars, new exhaust. But on the other hand it is 100 year model.

Quick Reply: 03 Anniversary