Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Racqueteer9
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you really believe your '03 is worth much more than an '02 or '04 keep on dreaming those nice dreams. Even in another 100 years, the only things that matters is what's left standing and maybe how few were produced. However, rarity is not something that any '03's have going for them.

But I do agree that they are nice and were built in an era before the EPA regulations strangled the motors. That's why I own an '04. I could have bought an '03 that was sitting next to it but preferred the way the '04 was setup.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:31 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LunaticFringe
I didn't buy it as an investment, but yeah it's definitely worth more to a lot of people, you haven't seen mine so how do you it's not worth more? it's a special order paint from Harley with the 10th badging in the paint, that option definitely adds to the value of the bike.

plus 2003 was before Harley started coating every damn thing with cheap black plastic **** and used chrome. they don't make them like this anymore, the new ones even have plastic air cleaners. and all this epa crap is garbage. what a shame when you buy a $17k motorcycle you've got to pay another $2k to get all the epa junk off, so then your $20k into a Dyna, that's why a bought a 2003. It was about the last of the real Harleys, you'll never see them like that again, when people finally get over the cheap black plastic look it will appreciate in value. And who knows, if Harley goes bankrupt like the rest of america then what will a 100th be worth?

it's the same bullshit argument that mods don't increase the value of a motorcycle, that's complete BS, if you have 2 bikes one stock & one with $5k in mods that a buyer likes, they are obviously going to willingly pay more for the one with $5k in extras.
That's some funny BS. The only things plastic on my 2010 FXD were the lower belt guard and the battery cover band. Both replaced with real metal for under 100 real American dollars. Need a tissue?

Old 12-24-2014, 07:59 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,235 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Here's another angle for you. All these perspectives are very interesting...2003 this, anniversary that, and definitely have some validity to the tank's value, but let's get down to it....does your tank NEED to be painted? If yes, paint it. If it is nice and no paint job is needed, but you want to paint it. Then you may want to buy another tank cheap that needs to be painted. Sell your '03 tank (this is where the additional 2003/100th premium might/should come in) for more than you paid for the "to be painted" tank or save it for when you sell the bike (you may wish you had) or get tired of the custom paint. Another bonus is that your bike won't be "down" as long if that matters.

But you have to be that kind of guy. Before I modify or alter a perfectly good sell-able part of any value, I look for another cheaper alternate that may need refurbishing anyway...paint in this case.

Fortunately, I have plenty resources around my area. Of course ebay, but also a busy craigslist community, swap meets, and bike shops so it may not be as easy for others. Plus...i LOVE the Hunt!

So...have you decided to pull the 2003/100th badges off and just slap on a "hello kitty" sticker?

Old 12-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Deano883
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you plan on keeping the bike for life? If you ever want it to be worth more than it is right now, put it in storage and forget about it for 50 or 100 years. Otherwise, paint it, modify it, do what every you want and ride the hell out of it!!