Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:43 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,237 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Been working on installing Andrews 57h cams, along with replacing the polished aluminum upper and lower rocker covers for chromed ones. Been working on the bike since Sat. Holy crappola, some of the top rocker box bolts are a BITCH to get to. Neglected to replace the O-ring that goes underneath the breather, only to realize I really should have replaced the $1 O-ring, which led to disassembling the f***ing rocker boxes again...to replace that $1 O-ring. Completed last night. Tonight....onto the actual cam replacement.

It is amazing how quickly 1 project turns into many projects due to the "since I'm in there" mentality.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:04 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Scope creep/mission creep. LOL. It try to plan for it and build in all the potential extras when I'm buying parts. Been there too many times with too many builds. It's inevitable for me so I just embrace it.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dropped that POS off at the dealership for electrical problems

Old 06-29-2016, 09:10 AM
lowboy72
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
You'll love a Jagg oil cooler. I went with the low mount; it's something you can do yourself, installing an oil cooler is not a hard job. One recommendation if you do go with a Jagg oil cooler: upgrade the oil lines and clamps. Gates 400 PSI reinforced transmission oil cooler line and #7051227 fuel injection clamps and you won't have any issues. You can get both the Gates line and the injection clamps at a NAPA store...

Edited to add: when you say 'dyna' oil cooler are you referring to the HD offering? Save your money and get the Jagg, the HD offering isn't any sort of quality I'd put on my bike
I installed a Jagg oil cooler this past Friday and I agree on the hose and fuel injector clamps 100%. The hose that comes with the kit is soft and I am not comfortable with how the worm clamps dig into and compress that hose in order to prevent weeping.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:11 AM
MORT666
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just been out for a walk on the beach. Ge's what found a stainless dog dish now making a air filter cover.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
One recommendation if you do go with a Jagg oil cooler: upgrade the oil lines and clamps. Gates 400 PSI reinforced transmission oil cooler line and #7051227 fuel injection clamps and you won't have any issues. You can get both the Gates line and the injection clamps at a NAPA store...
Excellent suggestion. I remember being a little less than confident with the included lines/clamps when I installed a Jagg cooler on my bike. I'm going to do this at the next oil change. Interestingly, those are the same clamps I used when I replaced my in-tank fuel lines.

Old 06-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Wink Fluid changes...

Got up early to beat the heat (Tucson), gassed up the bike just to get it warm and came home and started the fluid changes. Did the trans, oil and filter and Primary case all using the HD pure synthetic 20/50.

Was happy to see all three drain plugs come out with clean magnets, no debris in any of them. This is the first time I have done the trans and primary and my second oil/filter change. Plan on doing trans and primary every 10K and the oil every 5k. No drips, no runs no errors.... except for me, I looked like an extra from Cool Hand Luke. Wow is it muggy this morning as the monsoon has arrived.

My new Metzler ME 888 for the rear {got nearly 15,000 miles on the last one}, is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon and my local mechanic will balance and install on Saturday morning. Only 26,000 miles on my 2010 Dyna SG and hopefully I am done spending and tinkering for a while.

Old 06-29-2016, 03:14 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
Excellent suggestion. I remember being a little less than confident with the included lines/clamps when I installed a Jagg cooler on my bike. I'm going to do this at the next oil change. Interestingly, those are the same clamps I used when I replaced my in-tank fuel lines.
The Gates 400 PSI reinforced transmission lines are 3/8" I.D. Make sure you've got a uber-sharp knife or a hose cutter to get a clean cut

Originally Posted by Capt Steve

::snip::

Only 26,000 miles on my 2010 Dyna SG and hopefully I am done spending and tinkering for a while.

Old 06-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

Finally got to take her out for a couple of hours today. Good ride...

Old 06-30-2016, 06:33 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Changed out the external breather from a horseshoe and a 5' hose feeding under the bike to an under A/C filter setup. The horseshoe, not matter how I'd modified it would still weep from the front cylinder and the hose was spitting oil on the rear tire. Not something I wanted to continue.

Took the bike out for a 108 mile ride in 80° temperatures, no weeping from the banjo fittings and the breather filter doesn't show any oil contamination. Oil pressure was 3 PSI lower on the gauge; getting up and over that horseshoe must have been an issue for the front cylinder.

Simple, clean and I'll stick with it

Attachment 523311

Attachment 523312

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?