Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Dyna today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 10:13 PM
Longload
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jerzee customs

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
They're certainly nice to have Every HD I've ever owned ends up with one, it's piece of mind always knowing what your oil pressure is doing. The Jerzee Customs oil pressure kit is JC-9100TC and is very nicely made and the install isn't too difficult. My right thigh does touch the gauge trim cover but it's not at all distracting or anything like hitting your knee on the A/C and it's pretty cool to be able to glance down and see that 40 PSI on the gauge as you're rolling down the road

If you never installed one before I can post up a quick how-to and a few tricks...

http://www.jerzeecustoms.com/HDProducts.htm
I have been looking at them for quite awhile now and no i have not done one before. If you would post a how to that would be great. thank you !

Old 06-30-2015, 05:41 AM
orange52
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I recently moved my turn signals and added quick release bags using easy brackets. I really like the brackets and it was a pretty quick and simple install.

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:11 AM
BigEasyRider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orange52
I recently moved my turn signals and added quick release bags using easy brackets. I really like the brackets and it was a pretty quick and simple install.
Looking Good...

Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 AM
BigEasyRider
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Covered It Up, Due to a rainy day ahead

Hoping for some sunshine tomorrow

Last edited by BigEasyRider; 06-30-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Julia's Dad
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed floorboards.
Attachment 525095
Attachment 525096

Last edited by soldierbot; 04-02-2021 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Longload
I have been looking at them for quite awhile now and no i have not done one before. If you would post a how to that would be great. thank you !

The Jerzee Customs kit does come with instructions but a couple of things I've found as well after installing quite a few of these little critters. First, a 15/16" socket is really the only good way to remove the oil pressure switch without tearing it up. Depending on the style of exhaust you've got you may need to go through a few gymnastics to remove the switch and reinstall the adapter/switch back in to the case.

When you remove the oil pressure switch you will have some oil leakage from the case so be ready for that. Don't use teflon tape on the adapter or switch threads, use pipe dope paste instead to prevent any leaks. It's much easier to install the oil pressure switch into the adapter first, then install the adapter/switch back in the engine case. The trick with the adapter is you want the threading for the oil pressure line at the top or nearly so. Don't over-tighten the adapter to get the oil line threading to the top, you'll run the risk of tearing out the threading in the case and that would be **bad**, it only needs to be a snug/tight so if it's not tightening up with the oil line threading at the top remove the adapter and rotate the adapter so it's catching the case threading in a new position, it may take a few tries to get it both tight and the threading at the top but it will align, just don't go nuts and over-tighten it to bring the oil line threading to the top.

When you remove the rocker cover screw closer to the intake it may run in to the fuel tank before you can get it out, if so you might need to lift the rear of the tank to get enough clearance. The last thing you do is install the oil pressure line in to the adapter, as the fitting gets tight the oil line will want to twist, hold on to the oil line as you tighten the fitting so the line doesn't look like a pretzel when you're done, again it might take a few tries to get the fitting tight and have the oil line positioned like you want it.

The following users liked this post:
Tazze (03-21-2021)
Old 07-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Put my '07 Low Rider 'Street Bob' up for sale for $7,475 on Monday. Have a showing tomorrow. At 5'4" with a 27" inseam I just couldn't get truely comfortable with the little extra size and weight over the 1200S Sportster I came out of.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:54 PM
MAJ Ethanolic
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

No pics yet - but just installed some V&H 2 into 1 pipes.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM
BSteller
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Few simple mods

Only had this bike a couple weeks. Installed new derby cover, timing cover, and leather bag on forks. This weekend V&H Big Radius, RSD air cleaner, and Fuelpak. Like always I have more ideas than $$$$. But I'm having a blast. Love my FatBob.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:56 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by BSteller
Only had this bike a couple weeks. Installed new derby cover, timing cover, and leather bag on forks. This weekend V&H Big Radius, RSD air cleaner, and Fuelpak. Like always I have more ideas than $$$$. But I'm having a blast. Love my FatBob.

The fork bag looks really nice. Had mine since '11, the buckles are rusted, and has permanent bug gut stains on it. Hope yours enjoys the same outcome a few years from now. FWIW, your model and the Softail Slim are the best lookin' bikes MoCo builds. tp

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Dyna today?