Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What GPS system do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:15 AM
byrdman.45
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 146 Posts

Just paper maps here.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:25 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

Have had a Zumo 450 for years. Absolutely need it when entering or avoiding those festering boils of humanity you call cities...and it's bolted to the bars with a dedicated power source; has been in the rain for days at a time no prob.
Also nice for finding gas/bathroom stops on the road. All my trip routing is done with paper maps; Butler maps are my favorite. I've no Bluetooth, communications, cell phone, CB or music in my helmet and it's a Schuberth so it's fully able
Will buy another Zumo if this one ever goes; just had it updated again so should be good
BTW; 27 states and 7 provinces so far, plus Italy on a BMW.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:59 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Garvin 3590LM

It came with a dock. I purchased a RAM mount, and a power supply from Powerlet. But, this ex-redleg always carries paper map and compass.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Petro
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default +1 for TomTom

Another TomTom Rider user here. It was so much easier when I wasn't a Road Captain for our Riding Club here (I could just follow the guy in front of me). I have no real complaints about the Rider. Wiring routed under the dash. I am still debating on whether I want to sell it when I leave Europe. It has yet to do me too wrong. You just have to be a little creative sometimes with you trip planning and strategically place your waypoints.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:33 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Petro
Another TomTom Rider user here. It was so much easier when I wasn't a Road Captain for our Riding Club here (I could just follow the guy in front of me). I have no real complaints about the Rider. Wiring routed under the dash. I am still debating on whether I want to sell it when I leave Europe. It has yet to do me too wrong. You just have to be a little creative sometimes with you trip planning and strategically place your waypoints.
So true; there's no "scenic route" or "best motorcycle road". I usually end up just putting in the next nearest point of interest on the same road or just use map with no routing

Old 01-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Sensei Jim
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blue painters tape and a magic marker. write directions on tape and put tape on tank. tape comes off with no residue. Old school all the way.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:26 PM
TucAzRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road tech 660... :-)

Old 01-10-2015, 06:50 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,532 Likes on 3,784 Posts

Grease stick on the windshield or I follow Mike_M But who can get lost on a motorcycle anyway? Do have a Garmin nuvi 50 LM but I need to dig it out of the bag to use it.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:29 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by target64
garmin Nuvi on a quick release mount works great. wired in a 12 volt female adapter port off battery, ran wire up to bottom of voltage regulator and just run wire down off handle bars from gps.
Use the same for last 5 years. I just plug it in when I need. Use the battery charging pig tail. Use a articulating mount off handle bar ball mount. I find you need the nuvi up closer to see better.
Very satisfied. Has not let me down. Used on my trip to Slturgis this summer. Spot on. Not water proof . I covered with a small freezer bag during light rains.
Roger

Old 01-11-2015, 08:24 AM
Govno
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too use a TomTom with a RAM mount...

Quick Reply: What GPS system do you use?