Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:30 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 961 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
And what modification did you have to make to the spring clip that holds the bulb in?
Who are you asking?

If it's me you're asking, the reflector I ordered came with its own setup springs in it already made just for H4 bulbs.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:35 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

If you installed the new LED bulb with the fan and ballast, you.
If you didn't, then the OP.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:46 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Yes, I installed the LED bulb that has the fan and ballast built-in to it. It fit fine in the stock housing and the aftermarket reflector I bought.

About the LED bulb...here's some (blurry again...can't figure out why!) pictures. The 'side' view pictures aren't showing a lot because it's an flat, empty field so nothing to reflect back to show it's nice and bright. I have to admit, that I don't think this after-market reflector (or it's possibly the bulb - I'll find out tomorrow when I try the bulb in the stock reflector) is shining to the side any better than the stock. The bulb itself is doing fantastic as you can see in the pics - nice *bright* white light.

Tomorrow night I'll take the bulb out of this after-market reflector and put it in my stock reflector and take some pictures and see if it does any better or worse with this LED bulb.

I do like the bulb though, this kinda bright at night is really lighting things up in front of me extremely nicely. I still haven't actually ridden yet, but probably tomorrow night I will and see how it does for riding instead of just sitting and looking down the road.

Attached Thumbnails LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-in-front-of-tire-high.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-in-front-of-tire-low.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-to-the-side-high.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-to-the-side-low.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-way-ahead-high.jpg  

Old 01-16-2015, 08:47 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Here's the last pic...

Attached Thumbnails LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-way-ahead-low.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 07:45 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Problem: because it draws such low voltage the Electrical system lamp stays on. I have not be able to find out how to turn off. Will have to call Jamie on Monday. Maybe some member can chime in with the fix.
Dang it!!!! I had a feeling this was going to happen. I have not installed mine yet and will be interested in the manufacturer's fix on this. Lit idiot lights for no good reason are a huge pet peeve.

Old 01-17-2015, 09:57 AM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

The fan in the bulb concept has me giving a thumbs down for long term reliability. The phase 7, day maker , and the rivera primo don't need or have a fan so if this generates that much heat, as soon as fan fails you are screwed.

Old 01-18-2015, 10:15 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Do you have the Canbus system? I was checking out the set up, and saw that it would "mess" with the system. Thinking of pulling the trigger on this. Do you also happen to have pics of the work done on the tabs?

Old 01-22-2015, 05:06 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Any update of the lit dash light issue?

Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 PM
DeaD SpacE
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Any update of the lit dash light issue?
Ordered one after reading this thread last week.Small plug for Fuel Moto,they ship FAST! I installed this light on a 13 wide glide and no dash lights lit up,I was expecting this issue and could live with it but it didn't happen.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Rode with mine for the first time this morning. An amazing difference.

Quick Reply: LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed