Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 01:27 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed

LED from Fuel Moto,
Update, I installed last night. Not to bad. Tight fit. Removed the tabs on the inner ring to make install easier. Light is much brighter at day and night compared to regular bulb or performance bulb. I also believe the beam is much wider.
The LEd bulb has its own fan. Quite nice.
Problem: because it draws such low voltage the Electrical system lamp stays on. I have not be able to find out how to turn off. Will have to call Jamie on Monday. Maybe some member can chime in with the fix.
So far very satisfied. See enclosed pictures. The first two are before. Also note I have LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics.
Roger

Attached Thumbnails LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-head-light-day-light-regular-bulb.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-head-light-in-garage-evening-regular-bulb-.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-led-head-light-mid-day.jpg   LED replacement headlight 5 3/4 bucket installed-leg-headlight-in-garage.jpg  
Old 01-10-2015, 01:54 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

hi,

good stuff, did you get out for ride with it

And were you also able to get rubber dust protector back on?

thanks
mirrmu

Last edited by mirrmu; 01-10-2015 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:02 AM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a signal/load equalizer from J&P Cycles to fix the LED turn/brake signals that worked well; would this work for an LED headlight as well? (I wouldn't run it off of the one that I'm already using as she gets a tad warm from the others that are already on it, but just a thought.)

Thanks the update as well! This is probably the route that I'll be going since I honestly don't want to deal with routing/extending an HID's ballast cables (and I can't fit it into the 5 3/4 bucket), and I'm too cheap buy the Daymaker just yet. Looks great though!

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/340-300

Last edited by Jason Oates; 01-10-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I had my finger poised on the button for that bulb, but decided to go a different route. Got a 7" heritage bucket off ebay and ordered the truck-lite reflector/bulb assembly. Bucket is coming from the great white north, so it'll be a week before I see it, but I'll get the bulb on mon from Amazon. I was wondering about errors. My BMW S1000R doesn't throw an error with the HID kit i put in it, but I don't think it actually monitors the headlight. Odd since it will tell me everything else, including what I had for dinner the night before...

I'll prob start a new thread to report on the bulb/install.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by mirrmu
hi,

thanks
mirrmu
Have only rode in the day, but did see the reflection of the light on road signs.
You don't replace the boot. The fan base is to big.

Roger

Old 01-10-2015, 02:07 PM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by Jason Oates
I bought a signal/load equalizer from J&P Cycles to fix the LED turn/brake signals that worked well; would this work for an LED headlight as well? (I wouldn't run it off of the one that I'm already using as she gets a tad warm from the others that are already on it, but just a thought.)

Thanks the update as well! This is probably the route that I'll be going since I honestly don't want to deal with routing/extending an HID's ballast cables (and I can't fit it into the 5 3/4 bucket), and I'm too cheap buy the Daymaker just yet. Looks great though!

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/340-300
Jason,
Probably some type of load equealizer will be needed. I already have one for the Rivo turn signal side view mirrors. I am waiting to speak to Jamie at Fuel Moto on Monday. I am hoping he has a trick up his sleeve.
RSoger

Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior

Hi,

Thanks roger, will keep an eye on the thread

Thanks
Mirrmu

Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by mirrmu
hi,

thanks
mirrmu
Rode tonight with the LED replacement head light by Fuel Moto.
Very very good. I look like a high end Lexus. Quite wide and very bright and white.
The only very minor problem is that the electrical system lamp will not turn off because the new bulb draws much lower voltage. Will be calling fuel moto on Monday.
Roger

Old 01-11-2015, 08:42 AM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Please post what you find out from Jamie

Old 01-11-2015, 01:00 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior

Hi,

Good thread roger