Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240 tire kit for street bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 10:07 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 240 tire kit for street bob

Did some research and was looking at the kodlin 240 kit for dyna. Rear swing arm and chopped fender. Anyone do this? Or do anything else to get a 240 on back?

Old 01-12-2015, 02:05 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer

according to the advertisement (( all HD Dyna models from 2006 up, fitting „Street Bob“, „Fat Bob“ and others featuring 25 mm axle. Allows the mounting of 240 rear tires without offset-kit (only modification neccessary: Shortening of the right OEM brake caliper bracket by 10 mm). Advanced chromed 3D design belt tensioners at the end of the swingarm. The paintwork is protected by metal inserts, thus offering perfect function and long lasting clean look. Passenger footpeg mounts are included, the OEM belt guard can be retained))

I don't see how it be possible. With just a 180 tire on the bike there not much room for the belt. with a 180 tire being almost 7" wide and barely no room i have no clue how your going to fit a tire at 9+ inches in there with out doing some thing to space the tranny pulley out. But it be cool to know how they do it with just a swing arm. I thing you need to come up with a fender and shock set up too.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Ricketts
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribing!

Old 01-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
according to the advertisement (( all HD Dyna models from 2006 up, fitting „Street Bob“, „Fat Bob“ and others featuring 25 mm axle. Allows the mounting of 240 rear tires without offset-kit (only modification neccessary: Shortening of the right OEM brake caliper bracket by 10 mm). Advanced chromed 3D design belt tensioners at the end of the swingarm. The paintwork is protected by metal inserts, thus offering perfect function and long lasting clean look. Passenger footpeg mounts are included, the OEM belt guard can be retained))

I don't see how it be possible. With just a 180 tire on the bike there not much room for the belt. with a 180 tire being almost 7" wide and barely no room i have no clue how your going to fit a tire at 9+ inches in there with out doing some thing to space the tranny pulley out. But it be cool to know how they do it with just a swing arm. I thing you need to come up with a fender and shock set up too.

i dont know enough about the situation to argue or even comment on your post, i do know they sell the kits and they look damn good. work out to about 2 grand canadian to get it to my door. dont want to pull the trigger until i get some feedback on it

Old 01-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Ricketts
Tourer

Anyone seen one installed? Where to get a fender, etc?

Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I was looking at the Heartland kit for a 240 and that includes offset tranny sprocket for the wider rear tire. I would not see them using this if it was not necessary.
http://heartlandbiker.com/wide-tire-...hrome-struts-1

Old 01-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

heres the rear fender that kodlin offers, just look under fenders.

http://www.kodlin.com/frameset_en.htm

Old 01-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Ricketts
Tourer

Curious now about how the Kodlin kit squares away offset. Just comparing its $2k cheaper for same components through Kodlin vs Heartland. Granted the Kodlin kit doesn't include all the pulley and clutch stuff due to it "doesn't need it". But the $2k price is surely much more appealing.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser

i emailed asking about warranty and they said they warranty at the shop and on any parts butt here in europe. and i dont think the lady i am talking to through email knows much more than the prices....

Old 02-06-2015, 03:52 PM
jeemann99
Tourer

Here's my 99 Dyna Wide Glide with a 240 kit. The ones without the fender then the one with the fender. The fender and struts had to be cut and modified to fit. I just ordered a custom Gangster / Tail dragger fender that I will be putting on when it arrives.

Attached Thumbnails 240 tire kit for street bob-dyna-1-.jpg   240 tire kit for street bob-dyna-2-.jpg   240 tire kit for street bob-dyna.jpg  

Quick Reply: 240 tire kit for street bob