Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intiminators and Traxxion springs installed today!

Old 01-12-2015, 05:40 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I got to push back and forth on the front end. That's about it with the snow and sleet on the ground. No big brake dive. Might get to ride a bit this weekend but we shall see.

I hope this might help someone, the goal was to get all those other threads somehow blended into one. Not sure that I accomplished it but good luck to anyone who would like to try!

Old 01-12-2015, 05:43 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!!!! What code? Related to the cam install, I missed it, what was it?

Well now, did the 'ole spring-switcharoo thing eh! And the pre-loader/re-loader thingamabob!
Looking forward to hearing what you think about that. One thing on those though, do every single thing correctly because some people have had leak problems at times.

Your bike needs more things not chrome, other than that, bang up job
Yeah throwing a P0108 MAP sensor failed, high/open port code. I can't check the sensor without taking off the gas tank it seems so not really sure what to do right now. I peeked in seems like it's attached snugly. I didn't touch it during the cam swap so not sure what to do for the moment. I clear it, run the engine and it comes back.

I like a little chrome!!

Old 01-12-2015, 05:44 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by slyedog
Nice work Rob. Here is my easy way to measure oil depth. Not everyone will have this but this is how I did oil on my sporty. Haven't decided what route to go on Dyna yet.
sportster setting fork oil level with mighty vac - YouTube
Very cool!

Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Bummer 'bout the code, you'll get it

Great pics, I really like the looks of the seat!

Kidding 'bout the chrome, looks great : icon_toast:

Old 01-12-2015, 06:37 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Happy you got it all done and dialed in! Now when you can go out and ride it you can either adjust for a little less or a little more preload and figure out where you want it. Might be wise to wait for spring roads or really lean on it tho haha. Hey one thing to mention to those that are reading and getting ready to do this is that the bottom axle cap bolts are metric, not standard. A standard Allen almost fits it but you will start to strip the head out when torquing down. I can't remember off hand what size it is, just that it's metric. Congrats on your new bike! It'll feel like it is at least

Old 01-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Nitro 54
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Great job

Old 01-12-2015, 07:49 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by monster715
Happy you got it all done and dialed in! Now when you can go out and ride it you can either adjust for a little less or a little more preload and figure out where you want it. Might be wise to wait for spring roads or really lean on it tho haha. Hey one thing to mention to those that are reading and getting ready to do this is that the bottom axle cap bolts are metric, not standard. A standard Allen almost fits it but you will start to strip the head out when torquing down. I can't remember off hand what size it is, just that it's metric. Congrats on your new bike! It'll feel like it is at least
Thats right thanks! I'll see if I can find which size they were and add it. I believe I mentioned the top cap and caliper bolts.

I can't wait to try the bike out. I must have looked ludicrous rocking back and forth in first gear slamming the brakes in my garage

Old 01-12-2015, 08:47 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Great thread for sure!

Thinking about throwing those springs and some pre-loaders on myself, so helpful info, thanks.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:47 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome write up! Will definitely have to refer back to this when Im able to upgrade the suspension!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:34 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

nice
i did the intimidators thing on my last bike
if i do it on my new bike i will be adding those adjusters for sure

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intiminators and Traxxion springs installed today!