Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Suspension on Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:28 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Arnotts here. Easy install and no issues to speak of. Got mine off EBay for half of retail price.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitro 54
I sure wouldn't pay $9.30 for shipping a $10.00 switch. Go to your local autoparts store.
If you find a switch that stays on in one direction and is momentary in the other let me know. I looked and asked at every auto parts store in my area.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer

Originally Posted by LiveToRideMyWideGlide
Ninety8NeonACR are you running a relay, and I am curious as to what type of mount you used to attach the air compressor to the bike?
I'm not running a relay. One throw on the switch turns the pump on and the other throw on the switch opens the dump valve. I made my mount out of kydex, the same stuff some gun holsters are made of. I don't have any pictures of it and it would be a pain to take apart to take a picture of it.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:07 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninety8NeonACR
If you find a switch that stays on in one direction and is momentary in the other let me know. I looked and asked at every auto parts store in my area.

Maybe try Radio Shack?

I got mine off of ebay and they didn't charge me shipping. It is kind of a pain to find it by searching though. I found a company that dealt with air ride parts for mini trucks on ebay, but I do not remember their name.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:49 PM
chris h.
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninety8NeonACR
Found mine at the local Ace Hardware. I wanna say it was 7 or 8 bucks.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:50 AM
Ninety8NeonACR
Tourer

Originally Posted by chris h.
Found mine at the local Ace Hardware. I wanna say it was 7 or 8 bucks.
[QUOTE=BigDogIdaho;13634135]Maybe try Radio Shack?

I got mine off of ebay and they didn't charge me shipping. It is kind of a pain to find it by searching though. I found a company that dealt with air ride parts for mini trucks on ebay, but I do not remember their name.[/QUOT

Do your switches stay on in one direction and are a momentary switch in the other direction? I tried both Ace and Radio Shack, they both said they had never heard of anything like that. You can order the switch I posted from O'reilly Auto $10 also but I only paid about $11 total when I ordered it on amazon.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:16 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i got mine on amazon or ebay i think they are 2 way momentary switches, I run a relay set up

Old 01-26-2015, 10:45 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts

[QUOTE=Ninety8NeonACR;13636297]
Originally Posted by BigDogIdaho
Maybe try Radio Shack?

I got mine off of ebay and they didn't charge me shipping. It is kind of a pain to find it by searching though. I found a company that dealt with air ride parts for mini trucks on ebay, but I do not remember their name.[/QUOT

Do your switches stay on in one direction and are a momentary switch in the other direction? I tried both Ace and Radio Shack, they both said they had never heard of anything like that. You can order the switch I posted from O'reilly Auto $10 also but I only paid about $11 total when I ordered it on amazon.
Yes it did. I sold the parts to a friend of mine. Like I said I got it from EBay, but don't remember from whom exactly. I ran it with a relay just in case. Don't know that I needed it, but it was cheap and some others used one. If you do a search you might be able to find it.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Here is the list of potental parts options I put together to complete this DYI systems with some help from other members. I have read both pros and cons on both the Monro shocks and the Gabriels so I haven't decided which I want to use when I do this mod hopefully this spring.

Compressor (Viair 92c) $69 @ Amazon
Shocks (Gabriel 49304 Hijackers) $64 @ Amazon
or
Shocks (Monroe MA785) $52 @ Amazon
1/4" 12VDC NC Solenoid Valve $16 @ Amazon
4-Bar Bushings (Energy Suspensions 9.9105) $23 for 2 sets @ Amazon
Triple Branch Air Union $5 @ Frightprops.com
Speed Control Muffler $4 @ Frightprops.com
Male Connector Push-on Fitting $1 @ Frightprops.com
12V 40A 4-Pin Relay $6 @ Amazon
Waterproof Fuse Holder $9 for 2 @ Amazon

Only thing not in the list that would be needed (that I can think of) are the switches and gauges.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
swanny2369
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've installed all 3 kits on 3 different bikes.. I still feel that my Arnott set up rides best. Plus is looks like a quality finished shock.

Legends is nice but very pricey, for what its worth a better quality than my Arnott. However the ride is also somewhat stiff in that there is a few adjustments needed to really get them riding to my liking. Also doesn't has the least range of drop of the 3 kits
The Arnott set up is very sleek, simple and basic. It takes a bit to find the sweet spot, but once you do it ends up riding very soft. A little wavy, much like a car or truck on air ride but if you want firm for the corners a little more air is all you need.
The cheaper DIY kit is ok.. it works best on a bagger as its cheap, and the unfinished trim and edges on the shock are not visible (It looks much like something that should be on a car in which its designed for) The ride is also more firm than the Arnott setup, but doesn't seem to have the same range of travel when aired up at ride height.. almost as if the ride quality is the same no matter what height its set at, if their is air in the shocks they are the same soft/firmness at any level.

Hard to explain I guess. Hope that makes sense

All 3 kit are good in their perspective ways. If I had to do it over again, I still would go Arnott on a Dyna with an open shock, DIY on a Bagger, Legends on a Softy

Quick Reply: Air Suspension on Dyna