Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small, Rear, LED Turn signals and a few Sat. morning thoughts.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Where did you get them?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 PM
Sean McGuinness
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the Auto-Gem Baby Bullets lights for my rear setup... I haven't installed them yet but plan on running them as blinkers, run, and aux brake as well.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/330-528

Old 01-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Sean McGuinness
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean McGuinness
I just got the Auto-Gem Baby Bullets lights for my rear setup... I haven't installed them yet but plan on running them as blinkers, run, and aux brake as well.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/330-528
Also, I found these lights in the build thread below... It was on the HD Forums home page one day and I thought the lights were perfect for what I was looking for. In the thread he goes through how he wired them for turn/run/brake

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-and-tips.html

Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
Where did you get them?
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/XARC/index.asp

They are behind by a couple weeks, but worth the wait. They are very bright. I can't over state this.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:56 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Sean McGuinness
Also, I found these lights in the build thread below... It was on the HD Forums home page one day and I thought the lights were perfect for what I was looking for. In the thread he goes through how he wired them for turn/run/brake

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-and-tips.html
Thanks, I'll check them out!

Originally Posted by SLV
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/XARC/index.asp

They are behind by a couple weeks, but worth the wait. They are very bright. I can't over state this.

I saw that on their site too, did you go directly through them?

On another note, I bought some little electric tools, molex, and tyco little pokey things.
Yeah, sure, some of it sometimes is operator head/space/and timing but not me this much of the time
I've had more luck with paper clips then with the slick ***** tools.

And any more you gotta have a bionic eye to see inside the connections.

Maybe I need glasses.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:12 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks, I'll check them out!

I saw that on their site too, did you go directly through them?

On another note, I bought some little electric tools, molex, and tyco little pokey things.
Yeah, sure, some of it sometimes is operator head/space/and timing but not me this much of the time
I've had more luck with paper clips then with the slick ***** tools.

And any more you gotta have a bionic eye to see inside the connections.

Maybe I need glasses.

Yes. I bought direct. Mike is a good guy. I forget his last name. Excellent product though.

For Molex, I have a set of little jeweler screwdrivers that work great. I don't look though, I just poke around until it comes free.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:33 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Different turn sigs are on my next to do list.

Check this out:
Custom Dynamics plate frames that have it all
http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm

Alloy Arts strut mount (made for our Dynas)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001AI...=AC_SX200_QL40

Your new 2012+ dyna won't need a load equalizer where as mine will so then you just need the custom dynamics run-turn-brake converter
http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm

....or the Cycle Visions setup is cool too (not sure if it works on the bobbed fenders)
http://www.cyclevisions.com/index.ph...liminator.html

I have been running the Shorai battery for the second up coming season now w/o any issues. 550cca and she fires with a flick and only weights 4lbs. I like it, but it was definitely expensive.

Last edited by HD Bobber; 01-24-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:11 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by SLV

...I have a set of little jeweler screwdrivers that work great. I don't look though, I just poke around until it comes free.
Yep, got those, same technique, similar results

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Different turn sigs are on my next to do list.

I have been running the Shorai battery for the second up coming season now w/o any issues. 550cca and she fires with a flick and only weights 4lbs. I like it, but it was definitely expensive.
Yeah, one of those lithium ones, eh! I guess I live in a cave once again cause I didn't know or ever pay any attention to these things. First I heard of them was a week ago or so somebody mentioned them in a battery thread, sounds like magic, or one of them things that's too good to be true.

Sounds like a good thing unless I'm missing something.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:59 PM
Jason Oates
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going through the same dilemma a while back and finally settled on the smaller Kuryakyn bullets. They actually work very well, are small and sleek and are bright! They're very non-assuming at first and then they light up very nicely. Easy to install and I highly recommend them! (I think that you can get them in black as well.)

Side profile

Obviously this photo wasn't taken for the lights, but here a rear shot

Last edited by Jason Oates; 01-25-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

1st Off:

I need to get some small, rear, LED TS that function like OEM (Stop/Run/Turn). Going to fab a new license plate bracket since I got the LP bags so need some light weight LED's.

Appreciate the options you may know of.

Secondly ([a.k.a.] "a, 2, and d"):

These lithium batteries, are they all what it said about them, like they're the greatest thing since spam and all that?

I see they are expensive; but are they the beat-all to end-all of batteries? Like, do they last longer than any other type, and not by much but do they do it by a lot?

What seems so great about them is the reduced size and weight! And that difference is huge, no doubt about that!

I'd like to see the battery box area done differently and these small batteries would surely help.

Hand in hand with this, I'd like to see a Dyna, two-up seat, hinged from the left side (so when the bike is on it's stand gravity and the angle hold it open so it doesn't fall shut like it would if it were on the right side of course), locked with a matching lock as the ignition and steering, same key for all.
I know this might be to far out of the comfort zone for some but this solves some problems some have. It would provide a fairly secure space to put
a little stuff (cell phone if you have one) but an improved electronics area.

The battery (if it is one of those small lithium ones) could probably be engineered to be mounted vertically, which I think would allow better options for the wiring, which honestly, could be a lot tidier than the garbled mess it is now.

So under the seat, both rider and passenger is space that even under the passenger the fender is recessed deep enough but so the rear tire cannot touch it (and I'm not sure how much that is but hopefully would allow say at most, inch, inch and a half maybe?)
Under the passenger part would be a special, form fitted, cushioned against wear and noise, set of tools, nice little set of Snap-on (I think they make some HD tools already) tools.

Maybe some triangle shaped side covers (FXR'ish) vs. the ammo cans but the the cavity would be all water proof for all the electronics with easier access and visibility and room for pair of gloves, back up spark plug, etc.

and (d):

Haven't seen anyone yet sporting a "swing arm" mounted fender, I'd like to see some of those, for the sake of something different and innovative.

Food for thought on Saturday

Don't forget about the rear light options!

Sounds like some fun mods!

On the Lithium batteries...the ones we carry are waterproof and can be mounted in any orientation.

As you noted, they are extremely small, lightweight and expensive. They do have a 3 year warranty, and are very powerful. I first got one because I needed more room, and the smaller battery did the trick for me. I was so impressed with it that we started carrying them.

Lithium batteries for motorcycles have not been around long enough to know how long they will last, however, theoretically (and every indication from the last few years) is that they will far outlast a lead acid.

With time, it is my belief, that the price will come down, and that you will see MFG.'s start using Lithium batteries as the OEM battery in Motorcycles within a few years.

I replaced a good lead acid with a Lithium for space reasons. On my other bikes, as the lead acids go bad, they will be replaced by lithium's.

Here is a pic of a Sporty with a swingarm mounted fender, it was inspired, in part, by Robbie13's Dyna that has a swingarm mounted fender (pictured below)

You can see start to finish of the swingarm mounted fender at this link-

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-makeover.html

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Small, Rear, LED Turn signals and a few Sat. morning thoughts.