Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new to me 01 FXDX

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:22 PM
K33b
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new to me 01 FXDX

Ok, so I have finally got some pictures of my new bike. First ones are the night I picked her up. Had a dead battery, so had to truck it home.

Then got it back to my buddies workshop, where she currently sits, awaiting some needed maintenance / mods that I want to do before bringing her home.

The first things she needed were a new battery, and choke cable, as it was broken. It now has the new battery, and clutch cable installed. I also ordered a ness fairing for the front, and some HD quick disconnect 39mm mounting clamps, because the hardware that is supplied with the ness fairings is crap. The saddlebags on it are shot, but I have some other bags from previous bikes, to choose from. Needs some cleaning up and new front brake line, which I hope to take care of in the next week or so.

Originally I really did not like the stock pearl white paint, but considering I'd rather use my money for other things such as some nice T-bars and gauge relocation bracket, and grips and pegs, the color has started to grow on me. Thinking I might just get the Ness farining painted to match, and finish blacking out the few remaining chrome bits, and just rock the the stormtrooper look for now.

Next up is my handlebars, and grips. After that just gonna focus on making it comfortable for now, and hopefully after a few months I can look into upgrading to a 2-1 exhaust, and some engine upgrades. Eventually I plan on going big bore, but for now I wanna get a feel for the bike during this riding season, so I can plan out my power gain mods better for next winter.

You can check out a video of the bike on UberDoward's channel, progress will follow as will more pics.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:25 PM
K33b
Intermediate

Oh, I forgot. Those screamin eagle slip ons are coming off, and for now going to be replaced with a set of Python 3 slip ons my buddy still had lying around from his FXR build. Also gonna powdercoat the chrome 6pack rack I have for the back of the quick detatch black sissybar setup, so it all matches.

Old 01-24-2015, 11:23 PM
mikeg212001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice score! Im diggin the pearl white, and would definitely keep it and put the money towards other mods. Keep us posted with progress pics!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:00 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sweet looking bike! I'm loving the old school (or just old) saddle bags. I hope you keep them on the bike.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:56 AM
dudshep31
Road Captain

Very nice bike. I always liked that color and the fxdx tank emblems. Did you happen to get the stock rear shocks?

Old 01-25-2015, 09:02 AM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Like the Pearl. Little elbow grease and it'l look really nice! Agree, those slip on's need to go!

Old 01-25-2015, 09:49 AM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice bike. I like the pearl white and as others have said, little elbow grease and she will look sweet. can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:28 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks good!

Old 01-25-2015, 06:57 PM
K33b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmb79
Sweet looking bike! I'm loving the old school (or just old) saddle bags. I hope you keep them on the bike.
They do look pretty cool, but unfortunatly they are falling apart. I MIGHT be able to take them to a leather shop, and see if they can be repaired.

I was kinda bummed because I had a very nice set of locking hard leather covered bags from my old sportster 1200S, and assumed that since they worked on my buddies FXR they would work on the Dyna, no such luck.

In the mean time, I have a nice set of slant cut leatherworks bags, that my buddy with the FXR has been borrowing for awhile, so I might have to hook him up with the sporty bags, and get the leatherworks back for now.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:00 PM
K33b
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dudshep31
Very nice bike. I always liked that color and the fxdx tank emblems. Did you happen to get the stock rear shocks?
No, the P.O. installed the progressive 440s and unfortunatly tossed the stockers. I was a little bummed by it, but honestly the 440s are nice shocks, and lower the bike a bit, which is perfect because I'm only 5'9" so it fits with the thick a$$ mustang seat thats on it.

Quick Reply: My new to me 01 FXDX