Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob seat options - need to sit much further back

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 11:12 PM
13bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Bob seat options - need to sit much further back

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice on a seat for my Street bob that sits me as far back as possible.... Thinking maybe the Corbin Hollywood solo or the C&C fastback.

Anyone with any experience of these or other seats ?

Thanks

Old 01-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Got a buddy that really likes his Le Pera Maverick Daddy Long Legs on his dyna. I run a regular Maverick on my sporty and love it.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:49 PM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm like you, and on my Super Glide I prefer to be back more but also want a little back support with the seat, the stock two up is great but lacks much cushion for the passenger.

I've got an HD Brawler for solo, it's back far enough but no back support..it feels like I could slide right off if I wasn't careful. I additionally purchased a Mustang Vintage solo with the thicker back passenger seat, it's a good compromise, it doesn't push me forward and still provides a little back support so I don't feel like I'd slide off, and the Mrs likes the padding over the stock seat (when I'm not riding solo).

I like the look of the Corbin seats, both solo and two up, and they appear to set the rider back farther, but based on price (twice as much as most others), availability and rumors of bad customer service I opted against.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 01-25-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:10 PM
Simplespeed
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im hunting for the same thing. I want to keep the mids but want to sit further back. I also want some back support because i end up on the fender on occasion. I want a seat that feels like the v rod seat.

Old 01-26-2015, 01:34 AM
tfalcon
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I dunno if you're looking for this style of seat, but the mustang cyclone solo is the only one that I've had that'll put you lower and further back. Most of them will sit you a little lower but there is a noticeable difference in leg room with the cyclone compared to the stock seat. I have mine for sale https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...eat-06-up.html

Old 01-26-2015, 05:44 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by Simplespeed
Im hunting for the same thing. I want to keep the mids but want to sit further back. I also want some back support because i end up on the fender on occasion. I want a seat that feels like the v rod seat.
Yeah man, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't need to sit any lower - just as far back as possible so that the mid controls are in a much more comfortable position..... A little back support would be nice too.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:46 AM
13bob
Tourer

Originally Posted by tfalcon
I dunno if you're looking for this style of seat, but the mustang cyclone solo is the only one that I've had that'll put you lower and further back. Most of them will sit you a little lower but there is a noticeable difference in leg room with the cyclone compared to the stock seat. I have mine for sale https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...eat-06-up.html
Thanks, but that seat looks like it sits you a little lower but more or less in the stock position. I'm looking to sit a good few inches back. Thanks anyway.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:19 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I have a C&C it's fantastic but only moved me back about an inch. That being said they are custom and were great to deal with so I'm sure they could make you anything you want. I believe I talked to David, you may want to give them a shout their prices were good as well cheaper than most.

I'm not tall but like my feet slightly more forward, another option is coupling a seat with the slightly forward mids that HD sells and moves your feet forward by 2 inches I have them and like them very much. They come stock on the new lowriders so sometimes you can find them used.

I have heard about the long legs versions of seats sold by HD and others but no experience

Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey 13bob, there's an RSD "Boss" 2 up for sale in the classified section, that seat appears to set you back pretty well, may want to check it out!

Good luck on your search!

Old 01-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

I'm running Sick Saddles solo. I love it. Softest seat I've ever had. I don't really buy into the whole density of the foam but that's just my opinion. Advertises 1" lower and 1" further back. I believe that to be about right. ALOT lower and a good bit further back than my stock seat was. Cheap too. Opted for the leather wrapped cover. I recommend them.

Attached Thumbnails Street Bob seat options - need to sit much further back-img_20140516_190103_closeup.jpg  

Quick Reply: Street Bob seat options - need to sit much further back