Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t sport fairing reproduction

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:33 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts
Default t sport fairing reproduction

lately i have seen on here a lot of t sport repops
I almost bought a t sport when they first came out and have always liked it

im interested to hear what yall think of the reproduction fairings looks, quality, comfort and what height screens you are using

if you have tried multiple screens or multiple fairing, how does it compare?

mostly comfort and how it blocks the wind, buffeting and all that is my main question.

I have had ness fairings and hd 1/4 fairings on other bikes and just like the look and having a place to cram a sweat shirt and gloves. The new bike is a 14 lowrider and has no shield or fairing

i bought an hd sport windshield for my 06 dyna back in 06 and hated it because of the buffeting. So if it is at all like that i dont want to give it a try.

The ness fairings have no buffeting to me but dont really block much wind either.

i tried a laminar lip on the hd 1/4 fairing and it was ok, but still alittle to much buffeting for me. and i tried all the tricks.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:38 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

bump
back to the top

Old 01-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Perhaps not a direct response but Rifle offers different styles and all with different height screens to choose from. The closest to the traditional T-Sport is their Roadster model and is available with a bubble screen up through 18" with custom sizes and tints available as well. One appealing feature to me is I can bolt up a bubble for when I'm feeling sporty or a 16" when I want to tour. An spare/replacement screen is only $65. Down side is Rifle is way behind on delivery.

http://rifle.com/Motorcycle-Fairings...-Fairings.aspx

Old 01-28-2015, 08:21 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a JD Customs reproduction FXDXT fairing with a 16.5" windscreen. No buffeting and very stable. The fairing is very well made. It comes with all o of brackets your need, and is made out of fiberglass, not plastic.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:08 PM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I also have a jd's but with 14.5" windshield and i am very happy with it. no regrets here.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:13 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can you guys post some pics of the JDs

Old 01-29-2015, 05:11 AM
tonebone_79
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

heres one before paint

Old 01-29-2015, 06:46 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Old 01-29-2015, 07:13 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member

jmb 79

i like the look of the 14.5 shield, seems to be in good proportions

have you ever had other fairings or windshields in the past that you can compare it to

you guys both have the exhaust i have been lusting over too the bassani road rage, i almost orderd one a few times but for some reason i cant seem to find that one for my bike. the only thing i would chance if i could would be a chrome end cap, but that is the shape and lenght i want

Do you guys play with the adjustment on the angle of the screen? does it make a difference?

Old 01-29-2015, 09:17 AM
jmb79
Road Master

Originally Posted by hell hound
jmb 79

i like the look of the 14.5 shield, seems to be in good proportions

have you ever had other fairings or windshields in the past that you can compare it to

you guys both have the exhaust i have been lusting over too the bassani road rage, i almost orderd one a few times but for some reason i cant seem to find that one for my bike. the only thing i would chance if i could would be a chrome end cap, but that is the shape and lenght i want

Do you guys play with the adjustment on the angle of the screen? does it make a difference?
Actually, mine has the 16.5" shield. The handle bars are 12" T-bars, if that helps your frame of reference.

I purchased the bike used and it came with an HD windshield (not a fairing) that was much larger than the t-sport fairing. To me it seems that the fairing, although smaller, blocks the wind just as well if not better than the windshield.

I played around with the adjustment when I first installed the fairing. Ended up preferring it completely closed, and haven't messed with it since.

FYI, the exhaust on my bike when that picture above was taken was a Supertrapp Kerker, not a Bassani (though I'm not sure how you can see it in that photo). It is an ok exhaust and was on the bike when I purchased it. I've since replaced it with a Thunderheader. Below is a side view photo that shows my current exhaust and shows the fairing from the side, which may help you see its height better.
Name:  Dyna1_zpsb103e8d4.jpg
Views: 6576
Size:  68.5 KB

Last edited by jmb79; 01-29-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: t sport fairing reproduction