Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunderheader or other

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 PM
hobojav
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-1 pipes

I love my V&H Pro Pipe. I had a TH on another bike. Loud but crappy finish. I didn't feel any performance edge except for scaring the **** out of cagers. The Pro Pipe I can definitely a power difference, and I like the stealthy growl it makes until you yank the throttle. Another plus was the ease of install.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
Which bassani are r u running right now
Bassani 13112J ...Paid 512 To My Door From Ridersdiscount On Ebay

Old 01-27-2015, 08:51 AM
djack
Road Master

Thunderheader

Old 01-27-2015, 10:03 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Just in case you are thinking about putting saddlebags on your bike, DO NOT go with the D&D Bobcat. It is the only pipe we have found that is not compatible with our FXDXT Retro T-Sport saddlebags. FatCat is OK, but not the Bobcat. We contacted D&D and asked then to alter the pipe slightly so it doesn't point up so much, but they said they were selling all they could make and wouldn't change it unless sales fell off. We are in the process of updating our website with this same info.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 01-27-2015, 10:19 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 732 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
Just in case you are thinking about putting saddlebags on your bike, DO NOT go with the D&D Bobcat. It is the only pipe we have found that is not compatible with our FXDXT Retro T-Sport saddlebags. FatCat is OK, but not the Bobcat. We contacted D&D and asked then to alter the pipe slightly so it doesn't point up so much, but they said they were selling all they could make and wouldn't change it unless sales fell off. We are in the process of updating our website with this same info.

Keep ridin'
Garry
I can attest to this, having just mounted these bags with my Bobcat. But, all is not lost.
I think I can mount an aluminum deflector on the bottom of the bag skid plate to sufficiently keep heat and exhaust away from the bag.
I've made the template and will get these knocked out over the next couple of weeks. I even thought of calling you Garry and seeing if I made a complete new bottom aluminum plate to replace the one you have on the right bag with mods that I intend to do.
No big deal, I'll make this work!

I'm gonna make it work; I dig my bike too much and the bags are out of sight if you can dig it

Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro

Keep ridin'
Garry
Hi Garry!

Thanks for chiming in. This is exactly the info I need. I'm looking at a 2-1 and trying to find the models that will best fit with my bags. My FXDC with the T-Sport bags is in my sig pic below.

I'm guessing I should be safe with any model that has a longer pipe that extends past the front of the bag and stays below the top of the swingarm, yes?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:42 PM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeess
Which one do u have if u don't mind me asking? Also do u have sound clips?
i ran a Thunderheader on my bike before the wreck. I like the Basani more but liked the looks of the Thunderheader so that what I went with. No sound clips, sorry.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:38 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Hi Garry!

Thanks for chiming in. This is exactly the info I need. I'm looking at a 2-1 and trying to find the models that will best fit with my bags. My FXDC with the T-Sport bags is in my sig pic below.

I'm guessing I should be safe with any model that has a longer pipe that extends past the front of the bag and stays below the top of the swingarm, yes?
That is correct.

I did have another customer who had the Bobcat, and it was just starting to melt the bottom of the bag when he noticed it. He reworked the pipe (by cutting and welding), and got it to point more straight back instead of pointing up.

Garry

Old 01-30-2015, 05:23 PM
norse man
Stage II

Thunderheader sounds great, I was thinking of getting Dragos too, they just raised their prices. Should have ordered the other day when I was looking, today I look and price went up

Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

you already know thunderheader!!!

Quick Reply: Thunderheader or other