Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My New (to me) 2008 Fatbob

Old 01-26-2015, 08:20 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default My New (to me) 2008 Fatbob

So, as the title says, I just added ANOTHER Fatbob to my garage. I already own a 2010 Fatbob that I have done a ton of work to. I picked up another one off E-bay for a pretty good price. $6500 with just a little over 8K miles. Some mods have been done (most of which are not my style). Good tires, upgraded pipes and AC along with some powder coating here and there. Crazy high bars and risers for a total of 22" of rise. That will be changing fairly quick.

Some will ask "Why another Fatbob?" My only answer is that I loved the first one so much that I didn't think I could go wrong. It's a great platform for whatever direction I go. Even if I just throw some of my old parts on it and flip it.

Anyway, here are a few pics of how it sits right now. Changes will be coming.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:28 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

nice pick up man, those bars are crazy!! too wide for the frame IMO and my short a$$ would have to stand on the seat just to steer that thing. was that a fun ride home or what?

Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Great price but I'd wish he didn't mess with it so much. Lot of time/money just to un-ugly it. If I had a spare bike like that I'd have some fun tearing it apart.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Eric, will be fun to see how you trick out the bike! Other than the bars being "over the top" it is a pretty nice looking Fat Bob.

Question: Is that Condor chock secured down? I have one that I thought I might use in the garage but it slides around when I try to get in and out. Guess I need to find a way to secure it but do not want to drill into my concrete.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Hey Eric, will be fun to see how you trick out the bike! Other than the bars being "over the top" it is a pretty nice looking Fat Bob.

Question: Is that Condor chock secured down? I have one that I thought I might use in the garage but it slides around when I try to get in and out. Guess I need to find a way to secure it but do not want to drill into my concrete.
I think the trick is he's using carpet underneath it. You could try some rug holders underneath yours as well. I read it doesn't take much.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I actually have a couple of anchors in the concrete flooring to keep the condor from sliding. I didn't use it long before I secured it down. On the bare concrete, it would try to slide away when approaching it.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:00 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a great find man! IMO the Fat Bob is the best platform you could have to start with, and you can take it any direction you want to go.

As far as the wheel chock....I have the same issue with it sliding all over the place trying to get the bike off. A couple weeks ago when I was changing my derby cover I tried putting a rug underneath of it that had a rubber backing....it still slipped. I had to have my wife & 14 year old son come stand on it just to give it enough grip to get the bike off. I'm going to have to put a bolt anchor in my concrete floor.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:11 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Thanks Matt and Eric, I think I might try a heavy duty rubber mat first and see if that is enough. I live out in the country and a lot of leaves and such blows around so prefer to sweep the garage vs vacuuming a carpet.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

"Why another Fatbob?" It's a great platform for whatever direction I go. Even if I just throw some of my old parts on it and flip it."

Ha! Don't think that's gonna happen! With what you've done on FB#1 and knowing you've already got ideas floatin' around in your mind for FB#2, I'm looking forward to seeing your next monster bike. Keep us updated!
~

Old 01-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

That's great, something to tinker with or trip out on, nice score; Hell Yeah!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My New (to me) 2008 Fatbob