Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone order custom cables from Barnett?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:25 PM
HarleyDynaWide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone order custom cables from Barnett?

I just ordered some custom-length (12" over stock) from Barnett. When I went to checkout, I just entered my desired length in the "Notes/Comments" box. Was this the right way to do it to ensure that they make them to my desired length?

Old 01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
09dynafxd
Advanced

Give them a call. I'm sure they can answer the question faster then most of us.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
C.J
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked at a local bike shop years ago....we ordered custom cables from them all the time.

IIRC, for lenght, they wanted case lenght only, not including the elbow. Then they wanted to know the degree of elbow you needed (ie 90) then they need to know what carb you were running (I worked there when fuel injection was just getting started) and they needed to know what material you wanted it in.

One customer needed me to order a 10ft or 12ft cable from them....they were like "What is this for???" it wasnt for a bike....it was for a remote hi hat on a drum set.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:24 PM
HarleyDynaWide
Advanced

Turns out the way i ordered it wasn't the correct way. But they called me on the phone and got everything worked out. Seem like good people to work with.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 PM
gfroy91
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be ordering from them most likely next week since I'm looking for cables to fit a set of 16 inch z bars I just installed on my Street Bob. I've talked to them already a couple times on the phone and they seem like good people.

What size bars are you using that need +12 cables? And if you don't mind, what did the cost of the cables come to?

Old 01-29-2015, 01:41 AM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd been happily using Barnett for decades, although now my new bike doesn't take cables.

They take a week or two to get, so I got in the habit to always have a new spare set in my toolbox. Saves a little on shipping, and can't beat the peace of mind.

Feels good to replace when starts to fray, and I'm ready to work on the bike, instead of ordering/waiting after it's already snapped.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:29 PM
HarleyDynaWide
Advanced

Originally Posted by gfroy91
I'll be ordering from them most likely next week since I'm looking for cables to fit a set of 16 inch z bars I just installed on my Street Bob. I've talked to them already a couple times on the phone and they seem like good people.

What size bars are you using that need +12 cables? And if you don't mind, what did the cost of the cables come to?

19" RSD Vintage King Ape Hangers

The price was reasonable. Don't remember exact amount. All their prices are on their website.