Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames

So I've picked up a fairing for my 2011 Wide glide and would like to paint it to match my Sedona orange with black flames. I found the PPG code for the Sedona orange which is not a great match but close. My question is there's a red or orange pin stripe around the black flames. Does anyone know where to find this pin stripe color ? An should I paint the back side Orange ?

Attached Thumbnails 11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames-wp_20150126_003.jpg   11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames-wp_20141227_004.jpg   11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames-wp_20141227_012.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy
So I've picked up a fairing for my 2011 Wide glide and would like to paint it to match my Sedona orange with black flames. I found the PPG code for the Sedona orange which is not a great match but close. My question is there's a red or orange pin stripe around the black flames. Does anyone know where to find this pin stripe color ? An should I paint the back side Orange ?
Id just take it to a paint shop and have them match it. I'm sure a decent shop can get very close.

P.S. I like your bike. Looks like a cool and comfy setup.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
Id just take it to a paint shop and have them match it. I'm sure a decent shop can get very close.

P.S. I like your bike. Looks like a cool and comfy setup.
Thanks man. I've spent a lot of time and money making the bike fit me. An Ya I wish I could drive it down to the paint store, but its 5 below and a foot of snow here in VT. You think they can scan a .125" wide pin stripe ? Someone I'm sure has already done this or maybe added more flames to their bike . Paint tough. To me its gotta be right on or its wrong. The metallic in the Orange looks bigger an darker on my tank compared to my samples. "5"different primer cards.The black doesn't look like true black and who knows what this stripe color is. Frustrating.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Mr Bentwrench
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 2011 Sedona Orange is a three stage pearl. Its a metallic silver base coat with 3-5 coats of orange pearl under the clear top coat. Its the layers of the orange pearl that make it hard to match. More or less paint and number of layers really effects how dark the final orange becomes.

I need to pinstripe my just a solid Sedona Orange bike. I'm pretty sure a silver given all my chrome but what would Harley use for a second color. Black or a regular orange? You now sometimes their second colors can be rather odd sometimes.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:49 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy
Thanks man. I've spent a lot of time and money making the bike fit me. An Ya I wish I could drive it down to the paint store, but its 5 below and a foot of snow here in VT. You think they can scan a .125" wide pin stripe ? Someone I'm sure has already done this or maybe added more flames to their bike . Paint tough. To me its gotta be right on or its wrong. The metallic in the Orange looks bigger an darker on my tank compared to my samples. "5"different primer cards.The black doesn't look like true black and who knows what this stripe color is. Frustrating.
I hear ya being picky as hell! I'm the same way. I didn't even think about it being that small of "sample" to get it accurate. Good point. Maybe call a specialty paint shop and ask them where to go. I know we have a shop out here that does all kinda of specific paints and supplies and what not. Had to call them a few times and they always point me in the right direction. Doesn't hurt to ask about stuff you don't know about ya know. I'm in AZ. -5, I'd die... It's almost 80 here right now. I'll be BBQ'n dinner in shorts and flips flops here in about 3 hours lol.

I'm diggin the fairing on your ride alot. I'm actually about to under-go a revamp on mine. It shreds and does all things I wanted it to do and had fun with it but man it sucks with the wife on back and we like road tripping for big runs so my wee little Ness fairing and probably bars too has gotta go. Had the bike not even a year and going completely change the style up on it so I'm setup for long hauls. How's the wind coverage on that fairing if you don't mind me asking about that on a paint thread??? lol. Reason I'm asking is I've actually contemplated selling or trading this bike for a WG.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:42 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

The flames & pinstripe are a decal under the clear coat. The best you can do is try to get your painter to match it.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:47 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

^^^^^^^^ That right there^^^^^^^

Old 02-12-2015, 06:09 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Default Memphis shades wind coverage

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
I hear ya being picky as hell! I'm the same way. I didn't even think about it being that small of "sample" to get it accurate. Good point. Maybe call a specialty paint shop and ask them where to go. I know we have a shop out here that does all kinda of specific paints and supplies and what not. Had to call them a few times and they always point me in the right direction. Doesn't hurt to ask about stuff you don't know about ya know. I'm in AZ. -5, I'd die... It's almost 80 here right now. I'll be BBQ'n dinner in shorts and flips flops here in about 3 hours lol.

I'm diggin the fairing on your ride alot. I'm actually about to under-go a revamp on mine. It shreds and does all things I wanted it to do and had fun with it but man it sucks with the wife on back and we like road tripping for big runs so my wee little Ness fairing and probably bars too has gotta go. Had the bike not even a year and going completely change the style up on it so I'm setup for long hauls. How's the wind coverage on that fairing if you don't mind me asking about that on a paint thread??? lol. Reason I'm asking is I've actually contemplated selling or trading this bike for a WG.
I will say I just bought this Memphis shades Batwing in November. But knowing that I wanted to paint it. December 24th it was like 40 out so I took it for a spin. About 9 miles. But defiantly better than my low HD clap on windshield. I didn't seem to get as much wind from below. My half helmet wasn't trying to blow off my head over 65mph. I could crouch down a little and see that head wind got even better. So maybe I'll get one higher windshield, well see after more testing. Corse at 65 wind chill of problem 10 degrees so you find the wind pretty quickly. There's some good YouTube videos from a member online of his batwing. Feel free to check back with me in the spring.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:19 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Default Hd orange pin stripe

Originally Posted by Chicago Ken
The flames & pinstripe are a decal under the clear coat. The best you can do is try to get your painter to match it.
Ya maybe its possibly a decal it is pretty damn prefect. PPG does have a HD orange pin stripe color code for 2011.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Default 2011 Sedona orange pnt.

So I brought my front fender down to Bond auto/paint to have it scanned. An of corse their camera won't sit flat on my skinny little fender so they can't get a good reading. 1 being great scan 20 being a crappy scan. We got a 15,13 and a 11 after trying to block out the light around sides of the scanner. Ok maybe time to bite the bullet and go to HD. My friend said his wifes burgundy Switchback was $400.00 . My Sedona orange ????????????........$139.99 for a quart. The fn PPG was $86.00 for 4oz. to test with. Go figure. Ya I'll try that. Both PPG and HD are offering single pnt codes . Two stage Sedona orange and clear. We did see other 2011 colors that were 3 stage. Just give them your Vin#. I don't know if I even dare to match the other colors for the flames.

Quick Reply: 11 Wg. pnt code 4 pin stripe on flames