Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 01:47 AM
mtrhd99
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?

Ok here is the story, need some input if any has installed a batwing. I am on an 06 wide glide, lowed 1,5 inches and running a drag bar on a 6 inch straight riser. these mods where made to accommodate a resent fight with a rare spinal cord cancer that had them saying I would not walk again much less ride, well f cancer. so the skinny, after catching some 70 mph headwinds and not having the strength to hold on to the bike ion the interstate(felt like a kid with his training wheels off for the first time) I need input on is will a batwing work with my bar set up, how do they handle crosswinds, windshield height needed, don't want to go to tall but buffering wont help me any either, I am 6'2 with a 35" inseam. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Batwing ?

I'm not sure if this will help ? I have a 2011 new body style GW. I just put this Batwing on my bike in Dec. and have only got one ride in to try it out here in VT. But seemed awesome. I'm running 10" apes 2" risers 1" lower seat. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. My batwing has the low windshield with optional lower reflectors. I feel I could of gone higher on the shield to take a little more head wind away. Your a big guy you could probly go up two sizes and still be looking way over the shield. It's the upper lip on the shield that's doing all the work don't skimp on the height. May be someone could chime in as to how the 06 Wg seats compared to the 2010-on. Higher, lower what ever.

Attached Thumbnails has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-wp_20141227_007.jpg   has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-wp_20141227_009-2-.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 09:06 AM
mtrhd99
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Bbbadboy
I'm not sure if this will help ? I have a 2011 new body style GW. I just put this Batwing on my bike in Dec. and have only got one ride in to try it out here in VT. But seemed awesome. I'm running 10" apes 2" risers 1" lower seat. I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. My batwing has the low windshield with optional lower reflectors. I feel I could of gone higher on the shield to take a little more head wind away. Your a big guy you could probly go up two sizes and still be looking way over the shield. It's the upper lip on the shield that's doing all the work don't skimp on the height. May be someone could chime in as to how the 06 Wg seats compared to the 2010-on. Higher, lower what ever.
yes dose actually give me n idea, going in for my annual MRI check up this morning and the local deal is down the street about a mile from the imaging department of the hospital, I will drop in and sit on a new body style and can get a comparison of the height, I plan on getting the spoiler type windshield which Memphis shades says is like adding 3 inches to the height of the shield in the way of wind deflection. a standard shield should sit at tip of your nose while the spoiler type at you chin. being on ssdi since all this means for bit more research before I spend money since money is now limited lol. thank you for the input.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM
mtrhd99
6th Gear

Hey one more thing if you would not mind, sorry brain is waking up from last nights pain meds, if you could mesure height of the fairing from top of upper tripple tree to bottom of windshield it would help me with figuring out height of shield I do need. say center of riser to fairing lip, then I can have the wife hold the tape for me while in riding position and get an measurement for my personal ride height. Thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Default Batwing

Ya I can do that for you. Give me a day or two.

Old 02-27-2015, 08:30 AM
mtrhd99
6th Gear

Ya I can do that for you. Give me a day or two.
great thank you, hoping to order Tuesday morning, my payday for the month
between the batwing and my daughter turning 7 next week think I will be broke for the month, lol

Last edited by mtrhd99; 02-27-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:00 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmm .... do you have a front shot of your bike with that fairing on?

Old 02-28-2015, 06:12 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Default Bat wing

Originally Posted by June Bug
Hmmm .... do you have a front shot of your bike with that fairing on?
That I all ready have. All thou I have fat bob headlight on my Wg. I'll get that measurement . I need to put it back on to do so and its -5 out and no heat in the garage. Give it a couple of hours and it will at least be in the double digits.

Attached Thumbnails has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-wp_20141227_005.jpg   has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-wp_20141227_006.jpg  
Old 02-28-2015, 07:31 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the Memphis shades batwing on mine. I custom made some brackets to mount 4 QD harely clamps on it. This way I can remove it like a windshield.

Attached Thumbnails has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-image.jpg  

Last edited by pontiac69; 02-28-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:08 PM
mtrhd99
6th Gear

That I all ready have. All thou I have fat bob headlight on my Wg. I'll get that measurement . I need to put it back on to do so and its -5 out and no heat in the garage. Give it a couple of hours and it will at least be in the double digits.
Dang and I though it was bad here, 40 deg but with 60 mph winds, no heat in garage and busted window in garage door, cant get on a ladder to fix it with my legs. Think I can figure it out from the specs and your photos, specs give a height of 17 inches without windshield which would have me needing the 5 inch windshield., 6.5 would be right at line of site. I may be 6"2 but am all leg with a 35 inch seam, with the drag bars,and back of bike being lowered 1.5 inches(actually drag frame on speed bumps) measuring from bottom of headlight top of bottom tree 5 inch is right at my nose, plan to run the spoiler windshield which Memphis say give the effect of a 3 inch taller shield. will order up Tuesday and hope to have on by next weekend and add some photos. little hard to tell from this shot but back of the bike sits low enough that had to make a custom harness for rear light that splits and runs under the strut covers, one wheelie was enough to rip the stock harness out.

Attached Thumbnails has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?-10603102_926000007417362_664357347_n.jpg  

Quick Reply: has anyone put a Memphis Shades Batwing on a wide glide?