Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S 111". Pulled the trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by XFXDX
Square motor. 4 1/8" x 4 1/8". Gonna be a blast! Shorter stroke, longer piston skirt, and the 585 easy start gear driven cams sold me on the deal! That and my local Indy told me he couldn't build my motor to be as powerful or as dependable as this for less money.

This is probably true. Their 111 is a really solid build. Reliable, strong and priced relatively well.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:52 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Just went to the S&S website and saw that the T111 comes with a throttle body and Teardrop ac, I thought when you said you were keeping the stock tb, it was the one on your bike now - I would not change out the one that comes with the motor. Maybe just a new clutch and a tune unless you decide to swap out your pipes too.

Should be a blast!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:08 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
This is probably true. Their 111 is a really solid build. Reliable, strong and priced relatively well.
I can't wait!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:15 PM
XFXDX
Road Master

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Just went to the S&S website and saw that the T111 comes with a throttle body and Teardrop ac, I thought when you said you were keeping the stock tb, it was the one on your bike now - I would not change out the one that comes with the motor. Maybe just a new clutch and a tune unless you decide to swap out your pipes too.

Should be a blast!
The TÜV 124" does indeed come with the TB. T 111" does not seem to.

http://www.sscycle.com/product/1999-06-Twin-Cam-88-95-103-/Engines/T-Series-Long-Block-Engines-for-1999-2006-except-2006-Dyna-p25497.html

Old 02-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 734 Likes on 504 Posts

Hell yeah, that'll be sahweeett!

Reading on the S&S site and then what you guys are talking about, when it says they don't make complete engines, what is it they are lacking to make it complete?

Old 02-27-2015, 05:27 PM
XFXDX
Road Master

Not sure. Pretty sure I just bought one! Hahaha...

Nah, maybe it's just the year bike you are looking at. I know they don't offer full replacement motors for all models and all years.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:24 AM
XFXDX
Road Master

So.... What hoops am I gonna need to jump thru to get this reg'd in CA? Looks like it's not legal in this state.

I'm sorta tripping. Anyone reg'd a crate motor here? What can I expect...?

Old 03-01-2015, 03:02 PM
fxdxlr8
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 124 here

I put a 124 in my 2004 FXDX, its a beast. I had a Thunderheader on it there went to a Supertrapp to quiet it down.
The 124 has a longer strike therefore a taller engine and needs the oil line kit as it sit lower.
Mine is a carbed bike, your FI with 111 should be a scream to ride.

You get a title from S&S for the motor and you take that to DMV and they adjust the bike title.
If you are at some events there are cops that check engine to frame Vins and I have heard of them seizing the bike until you can prove ownership.
If you are worried about being legal in CA register the bike in AZ or the like and register in your buddies name AND/OR yours then its just like its in your name.
I have heard of guys doing that with modded cars.
You sure you can't get the 111 legal with the right exhaust and tune?

Old 03-01-2015, 03:49 PM
XFXDX
Road Master

Originally Posted by fxdxlr8
I put a 124 in my 2004 FXDX, its a beast. I had a Thunderheader on it there went to a Supertrapp to quiet it down.
The 124 has a longer strike therefore a taller engine and needs the oil line kit as it sit lower.
Mine is a carbed bike, your FI with 111 should be a scream to ride.

You get a title from S&S for the motor and you take that to DMV and they adjust the bike title.
If you are at some events there are cops that check engine to frame Vins and I have heard of them seizing the bike until you can prove ownership.
If you are worried about being legal in CA register the bike in AZ or the like and register in your buddies name AND/OR yours then its just like its in your name.
I have heard of guys doing that with modded cars.
You sure you can't get the 111 legal with the right exhaust and tune?
Thanks for the info! I'm super pumped to take receipt of this motor, equally so to plug her in!

I've heard of dudes reg'ing their bikes out of state, to ol ladies and things of that nature, before. Sounds like a hassle...

I've talked to some folks that have had their cases swapped and it sounds like the DMV / CHP is only interested in that the new items are not stolen. I will keep my fingers crossed that that is the case when I take my papers to them...

Not sure the not for street use is due to the tune, but I doubt it's any dirtier... S&S probably just hasn't paid the "taxes" to get the appropriate EPA / CARB certifications.

Last edited by XFXDX; 03-01-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Got the S&S V111 in my Road King and it rocks. Lots of smooth power. Don't know anything about the T111, but I do know you'll love it....

Quick Reply: S&S 111". Pulled the trigger.