Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a seat with a backrest

Old 03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,206 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Default Looking for a seat with a backrest

Greetings,

I currently have an HD Tallboy seat, stock seat and Corbin solo w/ backrest. I actually really like the Corbin, however, for a passenger seat, there are "issues" with mounting a Corbin on the FLD (due to the different rear fender of the Switchback, the passenger seat on the Corbin Dual tour can not be used with the QD sissy bar / luggage rack as is gets squished in between the mount points coming off the QD setup.....also, using the Solo tour, for some reason on the Corbin site, they have the attachable passanger pad as not fitting the FLD), and there are times I need a passenger mount. I really like how the Corbin locks to the bike and the removal of the backrest is not accessable without unlocking the seat from the bike.

AFAIK, Mustang, C&C and the HD Signature series are the other backrest options. I like Mustang's seat, but don't like how the backrest is easily removable and can be easily stolen. Not familiar enough with C&C, nor the HD Signature seat.

Any other options out there that would get close to the features of the Corbin? Also, ideal seat position would be 1" back and 1" up.