Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Seat Encyclopedia

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 726 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by rbdub474
Bike: 2016 Lowrider S
Seat: BMC The Wall
Options: Gold stitching in double diamond pattern
Pros: Wider that the stocker and feels better to me.
High back keeps me planted and the back support is nice
Looks killer
Cons: Not cheap

Thanks for posting this up. I had seen this seat and like that you can customize the colors and fabric but yeah, that $500-$600 price tag hurts.

Old 07-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Kirk57
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Does anyone have a Mustang Original Seat For Harley Dyna ?

Old 07-13-2017, 09:31 AM
B.Cole
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tall Boy Seat

Bike: 17' FXDWG
Seat: Tall Boy HD
Rider: 6'4" 290 34"inseam

Like many of you I found the stock seat uncomfortable, as did my lady. I switched it up to the tall boy after sitting on a few different models and reading some other posts. I usually take it off when I'm cruising around town and put it on for anything over a few hours ride.

Pros: Sits me up 2" and back 2". Beyond comfortable, I can ride 600+ miles and not even have a hint of discomfort. The rear portion is much nicer for my lady, she loves riding with that seat as well.

Cons: Sits me up 2"... while this is also a pro, I don't like the overall height when getting on it or taking higher turns. Flipping huge, it really destroys some of the bikes lines.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:31 PM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Tall Boy HD seat, is that for a Fat Bob too?

The Saddleman seats, the explorer specifically, did it move you up or down, back I hope?

Old 06-05-2018, 09:10 PM
BuckeyeUltra
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bike: 2009 FXDL - Mid controls
Seat: LePera Maverick (non DLL)
Rider: 5'11" - 240 - 32" inseam

Just got back from a 750 mile weekend riding from Central Tennessee to Tail of the Dragon & Cherohala Skyway, approximately 500 of these miles were slab down I-24 and back I-40 and 250 riding around to see the sights. Like other LePera seats it's a stiffer saddle, but I like that much better (reminded me of a Corbin Gunfighter I had on a Honda Magna back in the day). Spent about 6-8 hours in the saddle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I found it very comfortable, a huge improvement over stock. My main complain with the stock seat was the lack of lower back support and the seat itself was too radius-ed which made me sit on my tailbone in a weird way. The Maverick took care of these two complaints. It did however move me forward and inch or two. Also, if running a detach backrest there were initial fitment issues...freaked out at first because I couldn't get the backrest on. Turned out they will work together, but it's a tight fit - still clearance though. I was used to taking the backrest on and off while leaving the seat inplace. Due to a rounder/larger passenger seat you need to put the detach backrest on first and then place the seat on the bike and bolt down.

Last edited by BuckeyeUltra; 06-05-2018 at 09:19 PM. Reason: adding pics
Old 06-05-2018, 10:43 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeUltra
Bike: 2009 FXDL - Mid controls
Seat: LePera Maverick (non DLL)
Rider: 5'11" - 240 - 32" inseam

Just got back from a 750 mile weekend riding from Central Tennessee to Tail of the Dragon & Cherohala Skyway, approximately 500 of these miles were slab down I-24 and back I-40 and 250 riding around to see the sights. Like other LePera seats it's a stiffer saddle, but I like that much better (reminded me of a Corbin Gunfighter I had on a Honda Magna back in the day). Spent about 6-8 hours in the saddle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I found it very comfortable, a huge improvement over stock. My main complain with the stock seat was the lack of lower back support and the seat itself was too radius-ed which made me sit on my tailbone in a weird way. The Maverick took care of these two complaints. It did however move me forward and inch or two. Also, if running a detach backrest there were initial fitment issues...freaked out at first because I couldn't get the backrest on. Turned out they will work together, but it's a tight fit - still clearance though. I was used to taking the backrest on and off while leaving the seat inplace. Due to a rounder/larger passenger seat you need to put the detach backrest on first and then place the seat on the bike and bolt down.

I realize this is a seat thread, but just wanted to say that your bike is so fine. Nothing over stated, and the seat with the sissy bar./rack combo complete it nicely... Makes me miss my FXDC, but I do like the FLD I'm riding now... tp dd50