Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Dyna Street Bob Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Got a feeling this is going to be amazing

Old 03-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sub'd. And being semi-local(not sure where in Mass you are), I'm interested in what you come up with for the front end.

Chase

Old 03-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Computrack Boston
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In! (plus at least 5 characters....)

Old 03-27-2015, 12:03 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look forward to it, did you order that paint?, looks good

Old 03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
union53
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by djack
Look forward to it, did you order that paint?, looks good
Yes I had to order the paint.

Got a bit more done on the bike today. Not everything I wanted to but a decent amount.

Started with different pegs. Every bike needs an imperfection somewhere or it will find a way to get one. I had these pegs laying around for about 10 years now. I thought they looked good and I liked the style. After about 10 years of sitting in the basement the chrome has started to peel but its perfect.

Name:  DSCN0093_zpsogjnckis.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  271.6 KB

Name:  DSCN0094_zpsbeppcux1.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  561.6 KB

Next on the list was the new exhaust.

Vance and Hines uses their own exhaust bracket so the stock one had to go.

Name:  DSCN0087_zpss3kjxkoh.jpg
Views: 1353
Size:  318.5 KB

It required me to remove studs in the transmission bearing housing. I was pleasently surprised that Harley set the studs up with a way to removed them with a socket easily.

Name:  DSCN0090_zpsxl4u1y7v.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  508.6 KB

If you're not presented with such an obvious way another way you can removed a stud is with two nuts back to back.

Name:  DSCN0091_zpsfri12vli.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  244.4 KB

New exhaust bracket installed.

Name:  DSCN0092_zpso28rlmmu.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  295.3 KB

Old gaskets out.

Name:  DSCN0095_zps8hmi9ue0.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  401.7 KB

New ones in.

Name:  DSCN0096_zpsbsmkofez.jpg
Views: 885
Size:  335.7 KB

Pipes ready for the heat shield.

Name:  DSCN0097_zpsdzcadejn.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  275.9 KB

Heat shields loosely installed.

Name:  DSCN0098_zpsuxdayio8.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  567.5 KB

Pipes on the bike.

Name:  DSCN0099_zpsvtomnvrz.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  383.9 KB

2 minute video comparing stock pipes to the big shots.

Replaced to crappy stock grips with a set that should be easier on the hands.

Name:  DSCN0102_zpsjnni3cty.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  281.9 KB

I started to mock up the new front end.

This is a pair of clamps we had made for supermoto racing and they just happen to be the correct diameters for the forks I plan to use.

Name:  DSCN0100_zpsmdpujxod.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  611.1 KB

Forks in the clamps. This will give you an idea of what it will looks like when the front end is complete.

Name:  DSCN0101_zpsnofulckf.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  271.9 KB

Unfortunately I had to stop there. The crown width of the clamps is not wide enough to fit the Harley hub. I will have to come up with a different way to figure out my spacing.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:14 AM
union53
Road Captain

Not a lot to show but a few things have arrived. Most notably is the new brake calipers. Should have some good brakes once the front end is completed.

Name:  DSCN0103_zps1w79kklw.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  290.9 KB

No photos but I can get some if people are interested. Ordered a garage door opener from Mo-door.com. Was pretty easy to program. Just need to figure out where to put it on the bike.

The gps unit should arrive today. Now I can go out, get lost riding around and hopefully find my way home at the end of the day. Ended up going with the Garmin Zump 590 LM. Luckily my work partners with Garmin so it was affordable.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:40 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

looking good man, Ive been toying with a garage door opener idea too i just cant seem to find the right switch or location that it would work best and look like it came from the factory....

man that exhaust made a world of difference in sound. i like it!

mmmmm brembo.....

Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 PM
union53
Road Captain

Originally Posted by STRES
looking good man, Ive been toying with a garage door opener idea too i just cant seem to find the right switch or location that it would work best and look like it came from the factory....

man that exhaust made a world of difference in sound. i like it!

mmmmm brembo.....
Look into the Mo-door guys. They have a few option for switches. I haven't decided yet on where to put mine. I'm probably going to hide it somewhere out of plain view.

I didn't get too much done this weekend being a holiday weekend and all. Had to do the domestic thing. I did manage to install a new over the range microwave.

As far as the bike is concerned. I wanted to tackle the wiring but I don't think that is going to happen until I burn off a tank of fuel. I asked the dealer to not put gas in it but they insisted. I want to lift the tank to run the wires for my power vision and gps.

I did manage to mock up the new front end a bit. I wanted to be sure my idea was going to work before I went too far. It all fit pretty good. I just need to come up with some spacers for the axle and I think I might space out the rotors a little bit so the front end doesn't look too narrow.

Here's the quick mock up.

Name:  DSCN0104_zps2jsozggm.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  270.7 KB

My biggest concern was whether or not the different caliper would line up with the rotor and not hit the spokes. Sometimes that is a bit of an issue with supermoto bikes. Here it wasn't an issue at all. Everything cleared with plenty of room.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Chasespeed
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

You have my complete and undivided attention. I like. I really want to see this in person.

What part of the state are you in?

Chase

Old 04-08-2015, 12:57 AM
union53
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Chasespeed
You have my complete and undivided attention. I like. I really want to see this in person.

What part of the state are you in?

Chase
The shop is in Bellingham. I'm not normally there during the week. I need a real job to support my job working on bikes. I will usually do my work on Saturdays. If I'm not working on my bike its someone else bike trying to get it ready for the track.

You're welcome to come by anytime I'm there. I'll give you the grand tour and show you what we do. Not sure if I'll be around this Saturday or not but if you're interested in coming by let me know and I'll figure out my schedule.

In all honesty there isn't a lot to look at with my Harley for now. We are getting ready to figure out the front end this week or next week hopefully.

Quick Reply: 2015 Dyna Street Bob Build thread