Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sick saddles passenger pillion question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 03:46 PM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts
Default sick saddles passenger pillion question

Looking at getting a sicksaddles seat. Curious if anyone can tell me what their passenger thinks of the pillion in terms of comfort. My wife rides with me about half the time and her butt's comfort determines how far we ride.
I currently have a HD pillow look seat (52159-06)

Last edited by BMyers; 03-07-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Northern B
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my sick saddles solo & pillion last year and I find it to be great but my wife didn't get a chance to try it yet. You could check with 128auto, I think he's had his for a while and should be able to comment on passenger comfort.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 PM
STRES
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

i have the sick saddles solo/passenger pillion combo.

i had ED at sick saddles make the passenger pillion wider for the wife. (standard memory foam) he does have a gel upgrade also.

Her comments are that it is much more comfortable than the stock pillion and it being wider helps a lot. we did a full day ride on Sunday 3-8-15 and she said she was comfortable the whole day, in fact she wanted to keep going...

Old 03-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by STRES
...i had ED at sick saddles make the passenger pillion wider......
Ah, I was wondering why your pillion looked different then mine from the photos you posted of it.

It did look good!

Old 03-09-2015, 01:48 PM
BMyers
Road Master

i have the sick saddles solo/passenger pillion combo.

i had ED at sick saddles make the passenger pillion wider for the wife. (standard memory foam) he does have a gel upgrade also.

Her comments are that it is much more comfortable than the stock pillion and it being wider helps a lot. we did a full day ride on Sunday 3-8-15 and she said she was comfortable the whole day, in fact she wanted to keep going...
Do you have a sissy bar ? I want to go as wide as I can still using HD side plates and sissy bar.

Old 03-09-2015, 02:56 PM
STRES
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BMyers
Do you have a sissy bar ? I want to go as wide as I can still using HD side plates and sissy bar.
yes sir
HD quick detachable sissy bar, i'm probably going to send the pad off to ed to reupholster in the diamond stitch and slim it down a tad.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:24 PM
BMyers
Road Master

Looking good. Thanks for the replies.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

I agree, that pad don't jive, too thick too, looks like a ham hock (hmm, ham hocks). Consider this, back rest pad should have the same thickness as the pillion to keep it proportional. What also would look cool is the backrest being longer, maybe even full size of the sissy bar or just shy of where it flares out at the top. Yeah, that's the ticket

Then again, looking at it, if it just had the matching diamond that would be cool too Good looking bike!

Originally Posted by BMyers
Looking good. Thanks for the replies.
Check on Ebay, search both with the sick and saddles separate and then search where it looks like it's just one word in case they spelled it wrong, I've seen them do it.

Cheers

Last edited by Suede Blue Man; 03-09-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:17 PM
STRES
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I agree, that pad don't jive, too thick too, looks like a ham hock (hmm, ham hocks). Consider this, back rest pad should have the same thickness as the pillion to keep it proportional. What also would look cool is the backrest being longer, maybe even full size of the sissy bar or just shy of where it flares out at the top. Yeah, that's the ticket

Then again, looking at it, if it just had the matching diamond that would be cool too Good looking bike!
Thanks suede, I'm sure it will come together eventually. but for now it is to fill the savings back up a bit and since its looking like spring time to ride....

BMyers good luck bro

Old 03-10-2015, 09:05 AM
JDisME
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same situation as Northern B. I got my seat/pillion combo from Ed late last year and the old lady hasn't had a chance to test it out yet. Due to weather, I've only been able to take the bike out a few times, but MAN that gel foam is comfortable.

I had talked with Ed before purchasing and he added a little more cushion in my seat to move me forward just slightly and he nailed it. It never even crossed my mind to see if he could widen the pillion.

I'd like to mention that when I had placed my order with him, it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas and it took a little longer to get my seat, and everytime I inquired about my order, Ed responded quickly and let me know how the process was going.

Sick Saddles is a quality product and Ed is a true pro.

Quick Reply: sick saddles passenger pillion question