Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How realistic is the MSRP shown on website?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 02:48 PM
srshaw
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm from the uk, and the price you see is the price you pay (unless of course you can haggle a discount). My dealer wouldn't reduce the price but did include some accessories so I was happy.

Your system seems a bit strange, where the manufacturer suggests a price, and the dealer adds what they want to this. And Of course then you add tax.

I visited the states last year and didn't like the way most things are more expensive than they appear due to sales tax. I suppose you get used to it.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:02 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 525 Likes on 364 Posts

They are pretty realistic in the Bay Area. Which sucks cause then I have to travel to 5 other dealers to even try to find a deal. I just look for used now

Old 03-29-2015, 10:35 AM
ChromeBlows
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

In the TrI-State area it's pretty much MSRP + Tax,Title Dest and Prep fees.Most will have occasion deals like 50% off riding gear or add-ons.But I fell into a deal on a 2014 Fatty that the dealer wanted off his floor for more 2015 stock so they came down about 3800 bucks off msrp which brought me too low for the 2% finace so they threw in added an extra year warranty which brought the cost up just enough to drop the finance from 4% to 2%.So it was like here have an extra year warranty free.Being that I went in mid January with 2 feet of snow on the ground it made it easy to walk away the first time and also walk out of the sales managers office a second time till the Cheapstein in me got him down to my terms.Drives a salesman crazy when you walk out and drive away.The manager was callin my cell phone the whole time I was ridin home!So take it slow and force them to negotiate.Shop a few different dealers if you can then pull the trigger on what works for you.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:07 PM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully you have a few dealers within a couple hours driving distance of each other. Start talking back and forth between them. If you can, play them against one another. The dealer I purchased my Fat Bob from eventually dropped $2K off the MSRP so they could include their prep and freight fees and give me an OTD price I was comfortable paying. Same back and forth between dealerships worked with my last new car purchase, as well...

Old 03-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

See if they have any 14's left. You'll get a much better deal on them. Might want to see if you can find a lightly used one too.

Old 03-29-2015, 01:49 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

I've only bought 2 new HD's in all the years I've ridden them but you can get yourself some wiggle room if the bike has been on the floor for a time. My '13 Wide Glide sat on the dealer's floor for just over a year. I'd been in literally a dozen times giving that WG the once over and finally last May I was sitting on it and realized the battery was installed, sales manager told me they were about to start using it as a demo ride bike to try and sell it, it had 1 mile on the ODO. I held up my debit card up as if to make a point and gave him MY OTD price, I'd done my homework and knew where it should be, I didn't try to rape them but I had no interest in any BS game either The sales manager looked down at his shoes for a few moments, then said, 'we can do that'...

Bike went from the floor out the front door, dust and all, I wouldn't let them touch it and I rode it home an hour later and came back for my truck when my Lady got home. It was then that the realization I now owned my first FI Harley sunk in... heh...

Old 03-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Sebass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I walked away from a bike yesterday. 2015 Street Bob, $15.5 K out the door, they wouldn't budge on price but hinted at throwing in an 'Air Cleaner.'

I've got 2 other HD Dealers in my area, anyone else recently buy a new 'Bob and what did you pay OTD? I'm in California by the way...

Old 04-04-2015, 05:34 PM
NORTY FLATZ
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,388 Likes on 2,952 Posts

Originally Posted by srshaw
I'm from the uk, and the price you see is the price you pay (unless of course you can haggle a discount). My dealer wouldn't reduce the price but did include some accessories so I was happy.

Your system seems a bit strange, where the manufacturer suggests a price, and the dealer adds what they want to this. And Of course then you add tax.

I visited the states last year and didn't like the way most things are more expensive than they appear due to sales tax. I suppose you get used to it.
If you think sales tax is bad, check out VAT where you are.

Small wonder some of your more influential people left and created a new country! LOL!

Old 04-05-2015, 02:08 PM
srshaw
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
If you think sales tax is bad, check out VAT where you are.

Small wonder some of your more influential people left and created a new country! LOL!
Thats a fair point about the level of vat we pay (but we do get free health care). The point I was trying to make though is that it is nice to see a ticket on a bike, and know that is the cost. Of course it would be nice if we paid less tax, particularly on petrol which is very expensive here comapred to the states.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,543 Likes on 3,794 Posts

lot of well hashed stuff here. Also search will get you a few others that are pretty new.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-off-list.html

Quick Reply: How realistic is the MSRP shown on website?