Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Options

So I'm interested in picking up a detachable windshield for my fat bob. I do some decent highway riding to and from work so it would be nice im sure. I haven't seen many fat bobs with windshields. I was hoping to see some photos of windshields on fat bobs and other dynas. Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:19 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I have one on my Wide Glide. It keeps me from getting covered in dead bugs when I ride. My bike looks way more badass without it but I live in corn and it can easily be covered in dead bugs in 30 miles. I just don't want that all over me.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fatbob windshield

I have a fat bob headlight. Does that count ? Memphis shades batwing. I'm having it painted to match. Its the look I'm after right now. And my old faithful HD low clap on. Lightly tinted superior clamp system, nothing left behind when removed. Pops on and off in seconds. Stops all that wind presser on the interstate. No bugs no dirt. You'll put it on and never take it off. Made for a Fat bob.The HD is sadly 4 Sale. I hope the Batwing does everything my HD does.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield Options-wp_20141227_006.jpg   Windshield Options-wp_20140904_001.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 02:52 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To both the above posters,how bad is the buffeting???

Old 03-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Bbbadboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hd clap on windshield

Originally Posted by Sparra
To both the above posters,how bad is the buffeting???
Ya now here's the variable I have a Fat bob windshield on my Wide glide. My Wg has alot more rake than your bike there for a lot more angle to the shield. I don't even no if mine lays at the same angle as the other one here. On my bike buffeting is not a factor as much as the air from below coming up my legs or over the tank. I can't even use my half helmet over 50mph with out the shield. I'm sure someone with a Fatbob will chime in here.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:37 AM
Turret_plug
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewoman
I have one on my Wide Glide. It keeps me from getting covered in dead bugs when I ride. My bike looks way more badass without it but I live in corn and it can easily be covered in dead bugs in 30 miles. I just don't want that all over me.

Windshield Options-image-1739001936.jpg

HD detachable clamp on..... Ugly as sin, but gets the job done, my wife says it pretty much clears the wind up for her on the back.

Old 03-21-2015, 07:46 AM
rollinfat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat bob windshield

I have a used shield off of my fat bob for sale. If interested Private message me and i can send you pics of it on my bike,
I am 6' and the buffeting can get bad over 80 with a full face helmet. I ride with a half helmet and it is not bad. In my opinion, A windshield is definitely needed for long highway riding to cut that wind and make it more enjoyable.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:31 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

running a national cycles n2595B light tinted detachable shield. modify mine with a die grinder and cutoff wheel to set closer to the headlights. sets 12.5 '' above top fork brace. looks good very little buffering at speeds up to 100 mph. when its off barely notice the hardware on handle bars.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield Options-img_2747.jpg  
Old 03-21-2015, 01:02 PM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default memphis shades

Old 03-21-2015, 04:31 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck in your search, I went through 3 to find one that worked best for me; HD Compact; HD Super Sport (both quick release) and finally Long Ride Shields, which has a recurve at the top. The LRS is not a quick release but only takes a couple minutes to get on and off. The recurve made all the difference for me.

Quick Reply: Windshield Options