Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anybody put a black powdercoat outer primary on a super glide with silver powder coat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
dynaglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody put a black powdercoat outer primary on a super glide with silver powder coat?

I think my vivid black 06 Super Glide with the silver powder coat engine and primary might look good with a new outer primary from a Street Bob, that is, one with the black powdercoat. Has anyone done this or even thought about it? Anyone have pics?

WhatI really think would look nice is to either paint or re-powdercoat my outer primary coverso it is a smoothand shinyvivid black to go with the rest of the bike, which is vivid black on the fenders and tank. Maybe this wouldn't hold up well being low on the bike and more of a target for flying debris.

Not to dis the Street Bob guys, but I think the silver powdercoat around the engine looks better than the black powdercoat, in which the engine kind of disappears into the shadows. I just don't like the big bulbous primary sticking out covered in silver powdercoat.

Does anyone know about re-powdercoating or paintingthe knubby powdercoat finish with vivid black enamel? Maybe it can't done for a reasonable amount of money. I don't know any paint/powdercoat shops around the Twin Cites here in Minnesota to ask them about it.

Or does anyone have a Street Bob take-off that they'd like to sell?

What do you guys think?