Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Fat Bob Front end clunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:28 AM
steves86ta
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, im at work now but was able to look at the PDF of the service manual i have and heres what it looks like:

Old 03-25-2015, 09:20 PM
steves86ta
Tourer

As per some of your advice I took the bike down to the dealership.

I figure at 500 miles they have to fix it.

Went down there and service kind of gave me a hard time, but not after I informed them that the 1300 I paid them for a pdi that service did not do correctly his attitude changed.

They gave me a loaner bike a 2014 Dyna low rider. Man it is so uncomfortable to me. I HATE it.

But it feels a lot quicker than my fat bob

Service said 2-5 days. Crazy

Last edited by steves86ta; 03-25-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:13 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

I chased a rattle for years and I think I finally found it. The fork lock in the frame was loose to where I could jiggle it by hand and the plastic shroud under the tank that holds the wiring in the neck for the bars had some play and could move making a noise. I found both of these when I had my bars and front end off. No more noise and I don't think I've heard anyone suggest them before. Went through tightening bolts and all other suggestions with no help and gave up on it kind of found by accident.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:55 AM
steves86ta
Tourer

well, its been at the dealer for now 6 days and havent heard a word from them.

Called on Friday and said they havent touched it and it would be a couple days.

I must be impatient. Not like its a brand new bike that they did a PDI on that should have caught this or anything. Im seriously considering calling the motor company and filing a complaint.

Does HD care about customer satisfaction like GM does?

Old 03-30-2015, 12:05 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by steves86ta
well, its been at the dealer for now 6 days and havent heard a word from them.

Called on Friday and said they havent touched it and it would be a couple days.

I must be impatient. Not like its a brand new bike that they did a PDI on that should have caught this or anything. Im seriously considering calling the motor company and filing a complaint.

Does HD care about customer satisfaction like GM does?
The amount of time they've had the bike does seem a bit excessive. That said, if it was something you could have handled yourself you should have. I understand they need to deal with it, not you (perfectly understandable) but sometimes you're better off doing it yourself.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:13 PM
steves86ta
Tourer

Originally Posted by izzyryder
The amount of time they've had the bike does seem a bit excessive. That said, if it was something you could have handled yourself you should have. I understand they need to deal with it, not you (perfectly understandable) but sometimes you're better off doing it yourself.
I agree, and yes i should have just done it.

But for me it was principal. The bikes brand new, not a cheap bike. And they charged me 1300 for PDI... At this point i almost want my PDI money back

Old 03-30-2015, 04:02 PM
HyperM3
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by steves86ta
And they charged me 1300 for PDI... At this point i almost want my PDI money back
I would honestly like to see the breakdown of the charges for that. I have never seen anything so excessive. Doesnt even cost that much to PDI a car.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:50 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

PDI must equal Phat Dick In... Your Bum

Wow. My bike has not seen the dealer since I bought it brand new in 2010. It didn't even hit the showroom. I claimed it as they were wheeling it out after assembly.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:29 AM
steves86ta
Tourer

I can get a picture of the contract if you would really like but i wont be home til around thursday.

But yeah, however they can make their money i guess. I should have shopped around more, but in the end this was the third bike we have bought from them, and we trusted them not to rape us.

They did get me off of the sporty and onto this for what payment i wanted so i guess however they can make their money they will.

But is what it is. Ill call them today on the bike if i dont hear anything by lunch time

Old 03-31-2015, 02:07 PM
steves86ta
Tourer

just talked to the dealer they have been unable to locate a problem. They are going to ride it "one more time" and then call me...

For the money we pay for these bikes you would think they would take better care of their clients :-(

Maybe ill try a different dealer. Anyone ever used Victorville HD or Pomona Valley HD's service depts?

Quick Reply: 2014 Fat Bob Front end clunk