Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally modified big sucker backing plate.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How functional is it? notice a difference with the engine breathing better? Noticed its a 107

Old 03-25-2015, 11:28 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by JD HD
Looked fatter than 40 in the picture.

Thanks. I have a DK Customs kit I'm installing and trying to figure out the least visible to install it. I like the way you did your filter, I'll have to take a look and see if this will work with my setup. I just don't want it flopping around under the air cleaner.
We have a good amount of pictures of the Hose Style Set up's on our page, you can look at those and it will give you a good idea of different ways to route it

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

What size fittings are you guys going with for this mod? I am wondering it this mod will help eleminate the trouble some people are having with restarting engine after shut down when its still hot, like after getting gas.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by WMX124
I was just researching this myself. If you route the breather above the air filter you wont have to worry about anything leaking.
Not much room above my tb and the fuel tank and did want to have any mist getting on my tank and seat

Old 03-25-2015, 12:12 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
What size fittings are you guys going with for this mod? I am wondering it this mod will help eleminate the trouble some people are having with restarting engine after shut down when its still hot, like after getting gas.
Most have used 1/8 npt fitting with barbed hose end for 1/4 hose will not effect your starting concern it just stops oil mist from entering the engine

Old 03-28-2015, 03:10 PM
rgr357
Tourer

Thanks everyone for the inspiration... & info on which fittings to use.

Not knowing any better I thought there would be a standard tap to use but as target points out this is 1/8 npt and you also have to use a npt tap, no biggie. I just didnt know any better till a frined pointed that out when going to do the tap. So if you dont know being npt the threaded location is actually tapered.

Also I choose to put a 3/4" long alan head into the original vent to plug it and held in place by JBweld just around the head... there is no chance for anything to get sucked in.

Any ways here are a few pictures.

Old 03-28-2015, 05:09 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by target64
Most have used 1/8 npt fitting with barbed hose end for 1/4 hose will not effect your starting concern it just stops oil mist from entering the engine
With 45K+ miles on her now, it is the excessive dirty oil mist re-entering the engine that has me wondering if this mod will help clean of the air going in to the engine.Which I would think would help in keeping a cleaner cylinder and plug, and better ingition of proper fuel/air mixture. Maybe it won't, I don't know.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:06 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

[QUOTE=rgr357;13858194]Thanks everyone for the inspiration... & info on which fittings to use.

looks good but IMHO i would have had the fitting flush with the bottom of each bore so any oil could drain looks like a bit of oil could fill in there till it reaches the height of the fittings

Old 03-28-2015, 07:12 PM
rgr357
Tourer

[QUOTE=target64;13858741]
Originally Posted by rgr357
Thanks everyone for the inspiration... & info on which fittings to use.

looks good but IMHO i would have had the fitting flush with the bottom of each bore so any oil could drain looks like a bit of oil could fill in there till it reaches the height of the fittings
Your right about that, I didnt tap the fitting all the way down. Left a couple threads so it wouldnt seat so deep, but turned out deep than I thought. Obviously putting a washer on it wont help being a npt tap. I could pull them out and use grinder to cut a channel in the side.

Think it will matter?

Old 03-28-2015, 07:14 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
With 45K+ miles on her now, it is the excessive dirty oil mist re-entering the engine that has me wondering if this mod will help clean of the air going in to the engine.Which I would think would help in keeping a cleaner cylinder and plug, and better ingition of proper fuel/air mixture. Maybe it won't, I don't know.
your stopping all the oil from entering the engine after this mod, just clean air can enter the engine. pick up a can of GM top engine cleaner get the engine up to operating temp and run the engine at 2000 rpms and spray about 1/4 of the can through the throttle body. and let engine sit for 2 hrs and than take the bike for a ride it going to smoke and it will clean the carbon off the valves and tops of pistons. This cleaner works very well use it all the time.

Quick Reply: Finally modified big sucker backing plate.