Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pros/cons on Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 PM
c-note
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Great choice man. congrats. You won't regret.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:20 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats. The Amber whiskey on the fat bob looks really good, especially with the gloss black parts contrasted against it. I would keep that color.

Old 03-27-2015, 02:29 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

I'd pull the trigger. Great price. Nothing wrong with the color either. 68 miles is brand new, full warranty I assume? These motors are bullet proof anyway. My '09 still runs like new after 30,000 miles. The Fatbob is a great "do everything" bike. Fun to blast around town, great for touring, wicked on a twisty road.

If the color doesn't grow on you, you can plasti-dip it yourself for about $15 dollars. Check out youtube vids. Easy to use and no consequences for screwing up other than time spent re-doing it. Protects your factory paint even! Otherwise you can pay for the respray like you mentioned. Don't spend 4K for a black paint job. It's whats underneath that counts and there is no meaningful difference between a '14 and a '15.

Good luck and enjoy the bike!

Old 03-27-2015, 02:43 AM
Limey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firecop9774
Love my 09 Fatty. Swapped rear fender, 7" Softail headlight, truck-lite LED headlight, 2" tank lift, solo seat, heavy breather, Big Shots, and Fuel Pak. 4th and favorite Harley!
Ive always thought the Fat Bob was ugly because of the twin headlights ant rear fender, but you fixed the parts I didn't like, looks great

Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Why does that Fat Bob fender look like it came off an 80s/90s sport bike?

I like Fat Bob trees though. (I have them on my Street Bob)

Old 03-27-2015, 09:32 AM
firecop9774
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Limey
Ive always thought the Fat Bob was ugly because of the twin headlights ant rear fender, but you fixed the parts I didn't like, looks great
Thanks Brother. The headlights and fender just started bugging me, especially after seeing the wide glide fender swap on this forum.

To the OP, congratulations on your new bike. You'll love it. Fat Bobs are great bikes. Seriously, this is my favorite of the 4 Harleys and one Honda I've owned. Will be my last bike (God willing).

And yes, this board will cost you money, so start saving........

Old 03-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser

Well I pick her up Thursday next week! Now I want exhaust, intake and HD tuner and debating having Screaming Eagle slip ons and black shields put on or something else. I want louder than stock but not super loud and I'd figure have them do it and it's tuned right plus all covered under 2 year warranty. Also I'm trying to read the links in the stickys but it won't work for me? I want to read about gas tank cap mod, plate, floorboads etc and don't want to keep posting questions asked a thousand times before. Thanks guys and I'll post pic after the first ride!! 44f Thursday but I'm still riding! For a hour maybe. Haha

Old 03-27-2015, 09:39 PM
steves86ta
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfree700grizzly
Well I pick her up Thursday next week! Now I want exhaust, intake and HD tuner and debating having Screaming Eagle slip ons and black shields put on or something else. I want louder than stock but not super loud and I'd figure have them do it and it's tuned right plus all covered under 2 year warranty. Also I'm trying to read the links in the stickys but it won't work for me? I want to read about gas tank cap mod, plate, floorboads etc and don't want to keep posting questions asked a thousand times before. Thanks guys and I'll post pic after the first ride!! 44f Thursday but I'm still riding! For a hour maybe. Haha
Congrats!!!
What questions do you have about floor boards?

Old 03-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser

I'd like a small board for day trips just not sure what's a good brand or style? Looking for plate relocate bracket still. I did find HD has flush mount caps $210. I'll pick those up when I get the bike.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 PM
steves86ta
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jfree700grizzly
I'd like a small board for day trips just not sure what's a good brand or style? Looking for plate relocate bracket still. I did find HD has flush mount caps $210. I'll pick those up when I get the bike.
Hmmmm I can't help much

In my case I bought the eBay floor boards that mount in place of your pegs and I love them.

I'm 5'8 so it really made the bike comfortable

Quick Reply: Pros/cons on Fat Bob