Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touring dual brembos on dyna

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:25 AM
apetterez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default touring dual brembos on dyna

i found a lead on a full front dual disk brake setup off a touring model. Ia have a 2003 fxdl and really want dual disks. Cant find fxdx brakes anywhere.

Can these touring brakes be used on dynas? What mods are needed to make them work?..

I feel like with the right diameter rotor and a dual disk wheel hub would be all i need right? That and the master dual lines and calipers. If anyone has a lead on a how to or has some knowledge of this let me know

Old 03-26-2015, 03:37 PM
XFXDX
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Just about it. You'll need a new fork leg to receive the second caliper. Everything is a pretty easy bolt up affair... And yeah, duals are worth every penny.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:15 PM
VonPesto
6th Gear
Old 03-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by apetterez
i found a lead on a full front dual disk brake setup off a touring model. Ia have a 2003 fxdl and really want dual disks. Cant find fxdx brakes anywhere.

Can these touring brakes be used on dynas? What mods are needed to make them work?..

I feel like with the right diameter rotor and a dual disk wheel hub would be all i need right? That and the master dual lines and calipers. If anyone has a lead on a how to or has some knowledge of this let me know
You'll need another fork lower with caliper mount unless your FXDL already has it. I have a dual disc lower manifold and brake lines I will sell you. It doesn't come with the master cylinder or calipers though. The brake line and manifold setup is off my 97 Dyna. I'll give you first dibs since you seem like a cool dude.

ETA: Here's a set on ebay. Lots of others on there too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-97-Harley...9ef34f&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Ape_Hanger; 03-26-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 PM
apetterez
Road Captain

I found a guy that has the calipers lines master cylinder and levers for 300.basically everything but the disks....think thats a good price?

Old 03-26-2015, 06:59 PM
apetterez
Road Captain
Default dual disk forks

Anyone have a right side fork lower with a caliper mount for sale?

Old 03-26-2015, 07:20 PM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by apetterez
I found a guy that has the calipers lines master cylinder and levers for 300.basically everything but the disks....think thats a good price?
It's a decent price probably. Check ebay. There's a couple 11/16" master cylinders for $60-65. A couple sets of calipers right around $100. I would give you a good price for the lower assembly I have. Or just the for convenience factor it might be worth it to you to buy the $300 setup.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:08 AM
Nikolaiownz
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

if you et duals from a touring.. get the brembo from the newer! they will rip your face of!

Old 03-27-2015, 10:18 AM
apetterez
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Nikolaiownz
if you et duals from a touring.. get the brembo from the newer! they will rip your face of!
Thats the idea....i want the brembos off a vrod.....i also thought about a single 6 piston pm caliper with 13" disk.....but i like the idea of dual.....idk tho seem like the same cost after everything....unless i get the lower slider for cheap For duals

Old 03-27-2015, 04:34 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

Once you score the other slider you've got a ton of options. 1. Bagger Brembos. You can use the stock 11.5" rotor but will have a bit of overhang since those calipers are set back for use with 11.8 rotors. You can just get some 11.8's as well and have a great setup. 2. XR1200 calipers. Bolt em on and go. 6 piston, affordable nice upgrade. 3. Speed Merchant adapters for radial mount Tokicos or Brembos. You can do either 11.5 or 13" rotors with the SM adapters. Those will remove your eyeballs from the socket on hard stops. Sky's the limit.

Quick Reply: touring dual brembos on dyna