Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLD floorboards and Exhausts - Post Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 03:49 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Out of curiosity, why are you gonna change out your Bassani?

Old 03-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
Out of curiosity, why are you gonna change out your Bassani?
Havent decided for sure yet or not if Im going to swap it out. I do like the sound and performance but am looking for a different style exhaust. I still want a 2-1. I like the VH pro pipe but don't want to give up the floorboards or modify a pipe/shields to make it fit.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:18 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rainmakr
The floorboards are a nice feature to have especially on the longer trips. I have been considering changing out my exhaust. I wanted to get the VH Pro Pipe but after hearing from their tech support and your posts, looks like I will not be able to get that exhaust and keep the floorboards. Ill have to keep what I have for now and keep searching.
The BR and the Pro pipe use two different types of pipes coming out of the cylinders. The pro pipe looks essentially like a 2-1 version of the big shots/short shots. I know that there was a guy on here that had the big shots staggered pipes and used the FLD kit with no issue. I think the pro pipe would work. VH tech support might just say it won't fit because their listing says so. If it were me and I really liked the pro pipe, I'd give it a go. But then again, Im the guy that bought the board kit, convinced I could make it work with my old BR pipes, despite a ton of people telling me I couldn't lol.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:27 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Scratch that. The guy who had the big shots had to trim his heat shield a bit to make it work.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:30 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,233 Likes on 1,254 Posts

The floorboards are a nice feature to have especially on the longer trips. I have been considering changing out my exhaust. I wanted to get the VH Pro Pipe but after hearing from their tech support and your posts, looks like I will not be able to get that exhaust and keep the floorboards. Ill have to keep what I have for now and keep searching.
Hmmmm.

V&H makes a Pro Pipe for the FLD. I have no idea what the differences are as compared to a non-FLD Pro Pipe, but I do know it comes with a spacer that sits between the right floor board and frame. I could be wrong, but I think the spacer is the only difference.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
scoriden
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine is an older one, 2000.

I am running Python pipes with the Wyatt / V-Twin footboard kit. This is an exact copy of the Dyna Defender kit 50601-01. It included the boards, mounts, brake pedal, heel-toe shifter and all new linkage. I also use the Dyna Defender engine guard 49218-01.

Everything bolted right up.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:39 PM
Rainmakr
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by '10FatGlidin'
Scratch that. The guy who had the big shots had to trim his heat shield a bit to make it work.

Copy that.

Originally Posted by rauchman
Hmmmm.

V&H makes a Pro Pipe for the FLD. I have no idea what the differences are as compared to a non-FLD Pro Pipe, but I do know it comes with a spacer that sits between the right floor board and frame. I could be wrong, but I think the spacer is the only difference.

Im not sure of the differences in the pipes either. This is the response I was given from VH when I asked about whether the pipe would fit with the FLD floorboards: "Thanks for the email and interest in our products. Yes, the HD floor board kit will affect the fit of our systems on a Dyna. Our systems do not take into account a floorboard and are designed to fit without it."

Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master

Im not sure of the differences in the pipes either. This is the response I was given from VH when I asked about whether the pipe would fit with the FLD floorboards: "Thanks for the email and interest in our products. Yes, the HD floor board kit will affect the fit of our systems on a Dyna. Our systems do not take into account a floorboard and are designed to fit without it."
http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/17573/
Im pretty sure this one will fit. To my knowledge, the Switchback and the super glide have the same frame. I think the VH tech gave you a generic answer, and has no real hands on experience or knowledge. I would definitely go for it if that's the pipe you want.

Also, if you compare the side view from that one, with the side view from this one: http://products.vanceandhines.com/store/17569/ , it looks like the switchback front cylinder pipe has a different angle to clear the board mount.

Last edited by 20RoadGlidin; 03-31-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:03 PM
d1hojo07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crap, I didn't even think about that. I hope my D&D fatcats fit.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:28 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

I'm running the FLD floorboard kit on my '02 FXD. Stock head pipe with Cycle Shack slipons. Bolted up like it was designed for my bike, with the exception of a missing $.03 cotter pin.

Quick Reply: FLD floorboards and Exhausts - Post Pics