Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Dyna FXDWG3 CVO

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:42 AM
vjtaz
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dyna FXDWG3 CVO

I am looking at purchasing my first Harley Davidson, a 2002 Dyna FXDWG3 CVO, 2800Miles, Mikuni Carb, 95Kit, Chubby Bars, TACand very clean condition asking $16000.

It doesn't come with a warranty, I can only purchase a Performance Plus warranty for $2800. Harley Davidson warranty is not availablebecause ofthe changes to the engineand carb. Adding that to the cost of the bike should I purchase a NEW HD.

Has anyone taken a Dyna cross country? How is the ride on the Dyna Wide Glide?

Should I go without a warranty and take the chance of any failures?

Thank You,

Joel Kennison

Old 04-23-2007, 01:37 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Dyna FXDWG3 CVO

It really depends on what you want. 16K isn't too bad for a CVO Wide Glide. Personally, I love those bikes...not a big fan of the fairing..but love the rest. However, that said...I'm a new bike kinda guy. Which basically means, I like to know that I've been the only owner....but that's just me. You can do very well with a used bike...and the FXDWG2 and 3 are some of my all time favorite Harleys.
That said...there's some rumors of the Wide Glide being discontinued (was at my dealer today, and he said he knew nothing about that)...And if that's the bike you really want, you may want to grab one now...or wait to see if they come out with a new SE wide glide...which is what I'm betting on right now. Of course, I've been wrong before.

Todd

Old 04-23-2007, 01:39 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Depends on what you're looking for. I found a 02 dwg with 5k on it, most of the mods I wanted to have done and in good condition. i bought it.

An 02 dwg generally goes for 12.5 to 13k where I live. The 95" upgrade and goodies are about 2200-3000ish. It would not be unreasonable at all to pay 16k for a bike with those upgrades and that low mileage on a limited edition like the DWG3 CVO.

If you feel like adding the warranty, it's understood unless you like to turn a wrench yourself.

As for the ride? I love my DWG. I added bags, and intend on adding control extensions for extra stretch and versatility, and love to ride tank to tank on it. It's a great ride.

I bet that 02 with the 95" and mods will outrun a new 96"r no problem. It's probably specced for it. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 AM
vjtaz
Intermediate

Thank You, I just read a post about EFI and Carb, seems more are moving to EFI.

I will look into a one year warranty. Has anyone used Performance Plus Warranties?

Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's nota bad of a price for a CVO and it is just barely broke in mileage wise.
Nothing wrong with having a carb, some guys on here myself included would much rather havea carbthan EFI.

I've ridden with a guy that hadthe same year CVO bike as you looking at, really nice bike, but not made for two. His girlfriend was complaining about the seat every time we stopped.

Why pay$2800 up front for a warranty? If you need to have something fixed, pay for it then, it will probably be much cheaper than paying for a "what if" to a dealer.

I bought my 2001 Superglide 2 years ago from the original owner with just over 6000 miles on it and the only problem I've had was a bad turn signal switch, which I fixed myself. I have 14,500 miles on it now and counting.

If you really like the bike (and you will know when you look and sit on it!) get it.

Don't wait too long, summer is almost here!

Old 04-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: vjtaz

I will look into a one year warranty. Has anyone used Performance Plus Warranties?
All the 07s are EFI.

I have a carb. It's tempermental, takes longer to warm up, is louder at start-up and likes to backfire a lot before it's hot.

The HD shop guys can't seem to get a good balance on it. I'll be installing a Mikuni carb myself (or some other non-stock carb) and getting a indy to tune it. Should make it an even more enjoyable experience.

Carb has more personality.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:07 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

NADA for a 2002 FXDWG3 is 15,680 average, so it would seem that the asking price of 16,000 is not out of line. Not a screamin deal, but not out of line.

The Wide Glide is a good bike and very capable of cross country touring, especially 1 up. If you are two up you might find the bike a little cramped and the suspension al little lacking.

The EVO engine is a proven design, and should cause you no problems if it has been taken care of. With the 95 ci package it will have plenty of power.

Bill

Old 04-23-2007, 09:35 PM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Biggol

ORIGINAL: vjtaz

All the 07s are EFI.

I have a carb. It's tempermental, takes longer to warm up, is louder at start-up and likes to backfire a lot before it's hot.

The HD shop guys can't seem to get a good balance on it. I'll be installing a Mikuni carb myself (or some other non-stock carb) and getting a indy to tune it. Should make it an even more enjoyable experience.

Carb has more personality.
I have the Yost Power tube installed in the stock carb and then had a indy. run it on the dyno. to get the proper jets, took over an hour. Runs really good. The only backfire I get if if I push the enrichener in too soon,[:@] usually takes about a mile running about 35-45 mph to warm up.
Ok, I'm done hijacking.

The 2002 CVO has the Twin Cam so it's all good.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

[/quote]

The 2002 CVO has the Twin Cam so it's all good.
[/quote]

You are so correct. Don't know why I was thinking EVO.

Bill

Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 PM
vjtaz
Intermediate

Well I purchased the Bike today, I am waiting on spacer for the rear wheel, that should be in Wednesday and hopefully I will free to ride.

I am looking forward to my first ride.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dyna FXDWG3 CVO