Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hopefully buying a street bob. Have questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Hopefully buying a street bob. Have questions.

I'm in the hunt for a Street Bob. EDITED: I bought a new '15 Street Bob in Denim Black.

Does anyone have the Roland Sands "Avenger" seat? How do you like it? Comfortable for long rides? I don't care about my passenger, I have a Road Glide for that. Or does anyone have recommendations for a comfortable driver seat with the tapered passenger seat similar to the popular HD Badlander?

Oh also, those with the side mounted plates they went to in 2013. Are there any options for throw over or easy on easy off saddlebags without moving the turn signals and license plate? I really like the look but itd be nice to have some sort of saddlebags for long day rides or just one night trip type deals.
Thank-you for your help in advance.

Last edited by Fireguy88; 04-06-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 PM
OG1
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
I'm in the hunt for a Street Bob. I found a couple that I like, a 2011 and a 2013. I haven't gone to see them in person yet as the dealership is 2.5hrs away. Only thing I don't like about either is they both have forward controls. Is it easy to convert back to the stock position? Sort of. It requires pulling the inner and outer primary covers.On the 2011 I can see a hole in the primary cover for the stock peg position. I don't see that on the '13. Am I missing something? The 2013 owner probably changed the outer primary or the bike was factory ordered with forwards The 2013 has the 103 with stock exhaust. The '11 has a 103 kit with exhaust, air intake and tuner. Exhaust looks like Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1, anyone know if you can even have mid-mount controls with this exhaust? Really I don't care about the engine size, I like that its tuned already 'cause that'll save me some money.

Will a Dakota Digital gauge work on a bike with a modified engine? Yes

I want to put a Rifle Roadster Fairing on. I've primarily only been looking at vivid black but the 13 is Candy Red and I like it. Anyone have Rifle color match their fairing to a color other than black? How did it turn out? I have never heard anything bad about Rifle paint quality/match. be advised though they are backed out 10 weeks, I am on week 6 waiting for one now...

Does anyone have the Roland Sands "Avenger" seat? How do you like it? Comfortable for long rides? I don't care about my passenger, I have a Road Glide for that. Or does anyone have recommendations for a comfortable driver seat with the tapered passenger seat similar to the popular HD Badlander? I run a mustang tripper fastback and love it but most any quality fastback seats seem to be well liked here by Mustang, LePera, C&C etc

Oh also, those with the side mounted plates they went to in 2013. Are there any options for throw over or easy on easy off saddlebags without moving the turn signals and license plate? I really like the look but itd be nice to have some sort of saddlebags for long day rides or just one night trip type deals.The side mount plate and signals really limit your bag options. consider the greatbikegear relocation kit if your gonna run bags regularly. Or swap in a full fender like many others (Self included) have done.
Thank-you for your help in advance.
See above in red for comments. good luck on your purchase.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:56 PM
3L3C7R0
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are threads out there of guys putting on the fender rack and then putting on a tour pack. OR, if you want to make it easy on and off, gut a removable rear pillion and attach the tour pack to that.

Last edited by 3L3C7R0; 03-30-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:39 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Awesome, thanks guys for your quick responses! Very helpful.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:04 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Another question, is there a luggage rack out there for FXDB's that don't require a sissy bar while using a two up seat. I know there are solo luggage racks but I want one like you see on the Softail Deluxe.
Thanks again

Old 04-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new '15 Denim Black Street Bob. I never thought I'd be able to buy a brand new Street Bob but the sales manager made me an unbelievable deal. I couldn't believe it. So the first things I'm looking for are a good looking and comfortable fastback type of seat. And a quarter fairing.

Seat: I like the look of the badlander or the Roland Sands Avenger. I don't care about passenger comfort. Any suggestions on a comfortable seat that looks good like this would be appreciated. I have a saddlemen with the gel in it on my road glide and love it.

Quarter Fairing: I thought I was going to get a rifle but heard there was a 10 week waiting list and don't know if I want to wait that long, but I really like that I can order it color matched from them, one less thing to do when it does get here. Any one have the Memphis Shades Gauntlet? I don't like the looks as much but the availability and price make it hard not to take a serious look at.

Next will probably be the handlebars. I like these but would prefer this look in a 1.25 in bar.

Thanks everyone for their help, I really appreciate it. It gets frustrating searching through this website as there are so many threads with tons of replies to search for my answer. If you know of a thread answering my questions please post it.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

Well Happy Birthday to you, congrats

I would do this very seat right here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-new-seat.html

And if it's the Rifle you want then don't get anything else, suck it up and wait for it, damn nice fairings!

Happy Trails

Old 04-06-2015, 08:31 PM
jeffbetrollin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one with the whole in the primary, and the shifter shaft poking through will be the cheapest and easiest to convert to mids

Old 04-06-2015, 08:58 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

originally posted by OG1;
The 2013 owner probably changed the outer primary or the bike was factory ordered with forwards
Even if the bike was ordered with factory forwards there should be a spot on the inside of the outer primary that shows the user exactly where to drill.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Default Mid-Control Pegs Postition

Is there a way to move the stock pegs/shifter/brake forward just a couple of inches? And out away from the bike? I don't want to put forwards on. I want to put highway pegs there.

Quick Reply: Hopefully buying a street bob. Have questions.